Can't move apps to external microSD Card

insanedown58

I bought me a 8 GB memory card to move some of my big apps over but I can't seem to be able to do so. The phone shows that I have an SD card but even though I've set it to install there it seems to be reading the wrong "SD Card". Upon checking the root system, I've seen that it has 2 storage devices: "Phone Storage" which is 1.27 GB and another one that says "Internal Storage" also at 1.27 GB. Then there's my card, shown in /root/storage/sdcard1. Apps2SD (now AppMgr III) can't read my external one so its no longer an option.

I have Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insanedown58

• exodius

• djcupy

• SlimRock

Top Posters In This Topic

Foldermount doesn't seem to want to move Dead Trigger and Riptide GP 2 to my SD Card because apparently it has to be in the "Internal Storage". Moving it there didn't work either. Snappea doesn't want to work through the Windows installer or the Chrome Extension. The phone is a rebrand of the Xolo A500L

I found a process wherein you modify the vold.fstab file which I can modify to make the phone think my external SD is my internal one. I'm quite scared to attempt this as this is my first Android phone, I don't know my way around files like I do on a Linux distro. What should I do to the SD before proceeding if ever its the only way to go?

I found a process wherein you modify the vold.fstab file which I can modify to make the phone think my external SD is my internal one. I'm quite scared to attempt this as this is my first Android phone, I don't know my way around files like I do on a Linux distro. What should I do to the SD before proceeding if ever its the only way to go?

Root your phone first.

If you want to swap your SD card, make sure you use SD card class 6 minimal but class 10 is recommended.