HDD - End To End Error

avmad

Anyone know the seriousness of this one?

The CRC error says maybe a faulty cable.

Quite a few different softwares show end to end error. Seatools says everythings fine :rolleyes:

PiJZMv8.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avmad

• davmil

• mazigh

• el_espaniol

Top Posters In This Topic

My past experience with this one is: replace the drive cable & drive. Pray the controller's OK (it probably is), but the drive's probably failing.

184 0xB8 : Input-Ou-put (I/O) Correction and Detection error attribute of some HD drive vendors...Contains a count of parity errors which occur in the data path to the media via the drive's cache RAM.

Seems as far as I read, is a critical SMART attribute...But The SMART status does not necessarily indicate the drive's past or present reliability...

Does not harm anything to change the data cable...And remember to make a full data back-up...

Best luck mate... :mellow:

Edited by el_espaniol

End-to-End error: This attribute is a part of Hewlett-Packard's SMART IV technology, as well as part of other vendors' IO Error Detection and Correction schemas, and it contains a count of parity errors which occur in the data path to the media via the drive's cache RAM.

Critical: pink colored row Potential indicators of imminent electromechanical failure

:view: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.

Yeah that's the information I found. Could last a day or could last years. I'm monitoring it and it hasn't changed for a week but I've got a new drive on its way. Hopefully it will last till then.

Thanks

Joining you, I am on the same bot...just a days ago, got a pop-up in Windows 8.1 "imminent failure" of HDD. Later, post BIOS, smat cehck also notified the same failure. Since, then, didn't switched on the notebook, as I couldn't take backup of about 250 GB. Watinging for the new HDD, then will see to tranfer the data, if the "HDD is still alive by then."