RIP My HDD

Rok

After two-days of hardship, I installed/activated Window 8.1 about three weeks back on my laptop (HP Envy 17 3D). Of course, with novmber_ra1n'd help. Now, yesterday, while working, Windows 8.1 generated a pop-up notifying about the dying HDD, and to go ahead and take backup before the failure.

It's 750 GB HDD, can't take the whole thing as backup, just moved some important files to my old S10.

Now, I am worried of all the hassles to find again a working Windows 8.1 /Office 2013 key & activation. Can you please proved some guidance to get the things back to normal.

I've now switched off the Envy17, to copy the whole things from the old HDD to new one. I plan to get a 1TB 7200 RPM.

Please suggest, should I go ahead and buy a new SATA HDD for this Envy, and also please advise a safe passage to Windows 8.1/Office 2013 activation.

And, how easy it is to get the fan replaced, as it is also died???

Edited by Rok

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rok

• FreeRyde

• berdi

• mazigh

Top Posters In This Topic

KMS v6 was successfully cracked and emulated in the last few days. Windows 8.1 and Office 2013 can easily be KMS-activated locally using something like KMSPico (or MTK in the very near future). There's no need for the hassle involving keys anymore.

for now, i would go for KMSmicro 5.0.1 (by Ratiborus),

im quite sure he is the one that made offline KMS 6 possible.

Edited by berdi

And, how easy it is to get the fan replaced, as it is also died???

Which fan?

Regardless, open the can and take a look...

Unscrew the old one. Screw in the new one.

I would talk to the HPs head tomorrow to get the job done. It may take 2-3 days for the laptop getting a new HDD/Fan. Do, you think creating a image the Windows 8.1 Operating System will restore fully activated/working image on the new HDD???

I've for now shutdown the Envy, as the HDD generate "imminient failure" message every second, and there are some 200 GB data still left, which I could not take back due to lack of storage. So, when the new HDD comes, the dying one, I hope will not fully die and will let me transfer the data.

With KMS activation, is it possible to get WMC???

Edited by Rok

1- For HDD, You still can try HDD regenerator to repair/revive it, to download it: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1BQQJJPH/HDD_Regenerator_2011-2013_EDITION.rar_links

2- For Win 8.1, check November_Rain topic, you may find a tool for activation backup

Hi thanks, but HDD regenerator is only useful in repairing bad sectors. The HDD in my case doesn't has any bad sectors. It is a mechnical failure that's killing the HDD.

I would talk to the HPs head tomorrow to get the job done. It may take 2-3 days for the laptop getting a new HDD/Fan. Do, you think creating a image the Windows 8.1 Operating System will restore fully activated/working image on the new HDD???

I've for now shutdown the Envy, as the HDD generate "imminient failure" message every second, and there are some 200 GB data still left, which I could not take back due to lack of storage. So, when the new HDD comes, the dying one, I hope will not fully die and will let me transfer the data.

Damn I hate HDD failures, the other day I tried to revive an old IDE hard disk with HDD manager but failed, as it was too old and probably a mechanical failure. I took a hammer and smashed it to bits, lest i get tempted to try to revive it.

Anyway I think there are some new keys for your WMC activation, There's a key working at the moment that actiavtes all the 8,1, then use the working wmc key for your activcation, it's all in november's thread, good luck!!

Damn I hate HDD failures, the other day I tried to revive an old IDE hard disk with HDD manager but failed, as it was too old and probably a mechanical failure. I took a hammer and smashed it to bits, lest i get tempted to try to revive it.

Anyway I think there are some new keys for your WMC activation, There's a key working at the moment that actiavtes all the 8,1, then use the working wmc key for your activcation, it's all in november's thread, good luck!!

I couldn't get the HDD for Envy 17 as of now, and currently installed Windows 8.1 Pro Plus on 5 years old Lenovo Ideapad S10. The key that is available in november_ra1n thread is a MAK key. And the WMC keys are of Retail version. So, the WMC keys available won't get you the WMC on MAK activation and is of no use, untill you activate Windows 8.1 Pro using a Retail key.