USB Devices Wake PC From Sleep

Paft

Whenever I plug/unplug a device it wakes up my PC which is frustrating. Such as turning my dual HDD dock on/off or connecting/disconnecting my phone.

I have unchecked all the "allow this device to wake the computer" I could even though my dock and phone don't have those options in Device Manager. I have done the same for mouse & keyboard, just in-case.

I have even disabled 'wake timers' and 'USB selective suspend'. in the power options.

I'm stumped....

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paft

• FreeRyde

• kadrex

• Dodel

Top Posters In This Topic

You might also check your BIOS settings to see if it has an option to disable allowing devices to wake the system

Yep, more than likely a bios setting, you'll also have wake on LAN, ps2 device (not the console!). Wake on Kb / Mouse press et cetera,

got the opposite problem,,, one of my usb hard drives goes to sleep all the time after win8.1 update..tried everything to fix this and now am running a program called keep HD alive..it can be set to write a tiny text file every x number of minutes to prevent the OS from powering the drive off

It isn't my bios because I have a OC profile saved just in case my bios resets. I checked before posting anyway, just forgot to mention that.

Event viewer - Power Trouble Shooter: Wake Source: Unknown

P.S I'm on 7 64.

I'll have a good mess later today and list what I've tried.