Right now I dual Boot..Win7 Ult x64 and PCLinuxOS X64BIT

cowboy5709

Right now I dual Boot..Win7 Ult x64 and PCLinuxOS X64BIT. Win7=default boot.by Grub Menu @ boot up.

Is it possible to Re-partition my HDD and also install Win7 Ult x32 bit (x86), alongside the other OS.

I have 6 Gigs of Ram, plenty of HDD Space.

So my installation would be:

Win7 SP1 Ult x64

Win7 SP1 Ult x86

PCLinuxOS X64

Would I have to Re-install some or all, or Best way to achieve the above???

I realize I would only be able to run one OS at a time. :huh: :huh: :unsure: :unsure:

post-25898-0-22812400-1383236320_thumb.j

• Replies 8
  • Views 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cowboy5709

• Chancer

• banned

• geeteam

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you want to do that? u've already got Win7 SP1 Ult x64(which you can test all x86 apps on it). It is possible but i wont recommend it. you can :google: How to triple boot your PC

why do you want to do that? u've already got Win7 SP1 Ult x64(which you can test all x86 apps on it). It is possible but i wont recommend it. you can :google: How to triple boot your PC

Basically, I have Some older 32bit Apps that will not run on 64 bit, even in win xp compatibility mode.

Also: Am Retired, have time (no money) and am curious as hell.

I love testing software, have been beta tester in the past until I was promised a Free Copy of software and didn't get it. That turned me off on that. I just test Software for my own knowledge and benefit now. Sometimes I consider myself a mini Consumer reports on software.. :D

I've currently multi-booting Windows XP and Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit)

If your PC has 4GB of RAM or more, you might want to look into VMWare though. For example, I can run Windows 8.1 on top of Windows XP inside a virtual machine, all without having to reboot.

I moved from multi-booting to using VMs. For me it gives more scope and flexibility whilst not messing with the main machine.

Once you have the hang of it - easy peasy.

I've currently multi-booting Windows XP and Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit) If your PC has 4GB of RAM or more, you might want to look into VMWare though. For example, I can run Windows 8.1 on top of Windows XP inside a virtual machine, all without having to reboot.

I moved from multi-booting to using VMs. For me it gives more scope and flexibility whilst not messing with the main machine.

Once you have the hang of it - easy peasy.

Nuttertools, Banned and Chancer, Thanks for replying. I have used VMWARE in the past (been a few years) though. I'll try it out and see what happens.

Now I guess I can install software on the "OS" installed thru VMWare. I can't remember how that works, Otherwise, it's of no use to me.

:rolleyes: :D :huh:

Edited by cowboy5709

Now I guess I can install software on the "OS" installed thru VMWare.

You can install the software in the virtual machine, and VMWare "Unity" mode makes it appear as if the software is actually running on the host.

For example I'm using Visual Studio 2013 to do some application development in Windows XP, even though Visual Studio 2013 is not supported on Windows XP.