Help Needed for win 8.1 rtm

mohsin2cool

im on the rtm version provided by november ra!n since it was posted here in this prestigious forum and i have activated this copy with method provided by november_rain..(very much respect for the guy) now from few days, im experiencing strange behaviour of my lappy which is amd a8 quad core with 1.5 gb graphics and 4gb ram. it hangs sometimes

now please tell me any resolution , should i go for newly listed retail version on ms site, would that version b activated by the methods posted here, or should i reinstall windows,

the problems i face are no response of the current screen, have to keep power button pressed in order to restart. as no other keys work..hangs very often also

please help me

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Avitar

• AR_Alex

• tezza

• mohsin2cool

Top Posters In This Topic

@mohsin2cool

You could install Windows 8.1 then you could easily activate it with any kms activator.
You will have to hurry though because the kms server could close at any moment.
I recommend using my activator... :P

@mohsin2cool

You could install Windows 8.1 then you could easily activate it with any kms activator.

thanks for taking time to reply my query

could u please provide link to ur method of activation, i have taken backup of my activation folder with advanced tokens backup, and also manually too..would that help to restore it. and im downloading a newly listed win 8.1 by nr http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190318-windows-81-and-windows-server-2012-r2-general-availability-update-rollup/page-1

I'm just guessing your problem might come from driver, make sure you install compatible driver

anyway backup your activation with latest ATM

reinstall would be last choice, I think

@mohsin2cool

thanks for taking time to reply my query

could u please provide link to ur method of activation, i have taken backup of my activation folder with advanced tokens backup, and also manually too..would that help to restore it. and im downloading a newly listed win 8.1 by nr http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/190318-windows-81-and-windows-server-2012-r2-general-availability-update-rollup/page-1

If you were previously on windows 8 then use the new kms method.

If you were already on windows 8.1 then just use the backup you already have after you finish installing your new copy...

im on the rtm version provided by november ra!n since it was posted here in this prestigious forum

So you have been using since August/September and only now problem ?

Edited by tezza

more ram... 4 is not enough and try and do a bios update ... but wait for someone with a bit more knowledge to advise you first...and have you picked up a virus perchance??? or soem bad ass malware

@mohsin2cool

What’s your PC specs? Scan your system first to see, it could also be driver conflict or something else far from activation.

Right click on the start bottom and then from the options click on the command prompt as administrator.

Now type sfc /scannow and press enter to check if you have any corrupt windows file.

Also if you have restored points created earlier you may restore to the earlier times when you did not experience this problem.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

If your windows is lagging, its not a problem of Activation or Installation, you need to scan your system for errors

AR_Alex, could you tell me where one would get a copy of said activator?

AR_Alex, could you tell me where one would get a copy of said activator?

Sure, http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/191414-windows-81-kms-activator-by-ar-alex/?p=667616

Thanks for this :)

Now I'm in a bit of a bind since torrents are blocked behind my university's firewall and no known method seems to work. I need a copy of the iso for windows 8.1 Pro. Depending on your bandwidth or if you have a copy/link handy, you know where I can get a direct link to the ISO?

Thanks for this :)

Now I'm in a bit of a bind since torrents are blocked behind my university's firewall and no known method seems to work. I need a copy of the iso for windows 8.1 Pro. Depending on your bandwidth or if you have a copy/link handy, you know where I can get a direct link to the ISO?

I may help you out by putting the iso inside my server then giving you the direct link but its getting late here so if you could ask for it maybe tomorrow or on monday I'll upload it for you...

I may help you out by putting the iso inside my server then giving you the direct link but its getting late here so if you could ask for it maybe tomorrow or on monday I'll upload it for you...

Sure, no problem friend. PM me the link when you have it ready. I would really appreciate that. And if you want, I'll rehost it for you. I have very fast internet here :)

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/184689-windows-81-rtm-all-edition-available-languages-updated-list/?p=657661

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/184689-windows-81-rtm-all-edition-available-languages-updated-list/?p=657661

I read that whole topic already. That link doesn't work. I asked november_rain for help saying that I didn't understand his instructions and he never replied to me.

screenshot_23.png

AR_Alex is the only one who really helped so far. I don't understand the instructions on the other topic and members keep linking to it >.<

I have an activator now, all I need is a copy of the untouched 8.1 RTM ISO.

My hopes are in this guy:

I read that whole topic already. That link doesn't work. I asked november_rain for help saying that I didn't understand his instructions and he never replied to me.screenshot_23.png

AR_Alex is the only one who really helped so far. I don't understand the instructions on the other topic and members keep linking to it >.<

I have an activator now, all I need is a copy of the untouched 8.1 RTM ISO.

My hopes are in this guy:

As soon as I get home I'll upload it but just to be sure do you need the 32 bit or the 64 bit of windows 8.1 pro?

As soon as I get home I'll upload it but just to be sure do you need the 32 bit or the 64 bit of windows 8.1 pro?
I'll definitely look forward to it. You can PM me the link. I'll need the 64 bit version of windows 8.1 pro please. If there's a newer version of the iso than RTM, like a final build, I'd want that one.

It means a lot to me AR_Alex. Thanks in advance.

I'll definitely look forward to it. You can PM me the link. I'll need the 64 bit version of windows 8.1 pro please. If there's a newer version of the iso than RTM, like a final build, I'd want that one.

Still waiting on PM from AR_alex...

Tomorrow at around 5 PM MDT I will have it ready... I've been kind of busy in the road all this weekend. But for sure tomorrow.

this is Windows 8.1 Pro x64 VL Rollup-1 MSDN link.. i hope it work for u, cause i work for me and download speed is fast..

**deleted invalid link**

Edited by dorsh83

@mohsin2cool,the problem is more likely to be related with drivers..this is my personal experience....

I installed Windows 8.1,initially i didn't have any proper driver for chipset/graphics card...

It took around 40 min to install MSO 2013 PP 64 bit edition and also experienced some crashes/BSOD...

After i properly configured the driver,MSO 2013 PP 64-bit edition installation just took around 3/4 min only..

So please check if you have proper drivers installed..also i would suggest you to clean install Windows 8.1...

this is Windows 8.1 Pro x64 VL Rollup-1 MSDN link.. i hope it work for u, cause i work for me and download speed is fast..

http://bit.ly/16fRnW2

No luck here bro, timeout error. seems like i need to click that link as soon as you get it.. thanks for trying though

http://bit.ly/16fRnW2

No luck here bro, timeout error. seems like i need to click that link as soon as you get it.. thanks for trying though

it seem i made a mistake copy link from idm.. test this bro.. it should be ok although loading page is a bit slow..

http://bit.ly/1cbMWfI