Win8.1 cant reset PC

Tarik

b201b4190d.png

i am using the command : reagentc /setosimage /path D:\win8image /target C:\Windows /index 1

it was successful. but when i go to reset it ask for dvd. but it worked fine last time i use.

Can anyone help? what i am missing

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tarik

• FreeRyde

• tezza

• Zigen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This affects people who bought and installed a retail copy of Windows 8 on their PC, either electronically from Windows.com or from a retail DVD disc or ISO image. In very simple terms, installing Windows 8 creates a ESD file that allows users to refresh or reset their PC. Installing the digital download version of Windows 8.1 does not provide a new ESD file, and as such, the ability to refresh or reset the OS after it is installed is eliminated.

Microsoft said about this issue and the company sent over word that there are two situations where users will need some kind of media (an ISO burned to a disc or USB Flash drive) to enable refresh or refresh: "OEM devices without W8 PBR (very few)" and "Users that installed via DVD."

Microsoft added, "For Windows 8.1, users that upgraded to Windows 8 via online download (ESD), will need media when updating to Windows 8.1. Also, users that upgraded to Windows 8 via DVD then updated to 8.1, they will need to use their Windows 8 DVD to go back to Windows 8 if needed."

This affects people who bought and installed a retail copy of Windows 8 on their PC, either electronically from Windows.com or from a retail DVD disc or ISO image. In very simple terms, installing Windows 8 creates a ESD file that allows users to refresh or reset their PC. Installing the digital download version of Windows 8.1 does not provide a new ESD file, and as such, the ability to refresh or reset the OS after it is installed is eliminated.

Microsoft said about this issue and the company sent over word that there are two situations where users will need some kind of media (an ISO burned to a disc or USB Flash drive) to enable refresh or refresh: "OEM devices without W8 PBR (very few)" and "Users that installed via DVD."

Microsoft added, "For Windows 8.1, users that upgraded to Windows 8 via online download (ESD), will need media when updating to Windows 8.1. Also, users that upgraded to Windows 8 via DVD then updated to 8.1, they will need to use their Windows 8 DVD to go back to Windows 8 if needed."

i am using windows 8.1 pro wzor leaked version and activated with november rain method

Edited by Tarik