western digital hard disk makes noise

shasi

I have a western digital 320gb Internal hard drive its works fine but some times it makes sounds and it gets struck for 2 to 3 minutes and suddenly crashes

is there any solution

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FreeRyde

• Guinness

• sanjoa

• shasi

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to make another thread concerning HD.
I got a 500GB Hard drive that came from my old laptop and it was working fine and everything until i reformatted it by default window formats.
Now my desktop wont read my external HD is there any reason why and could someone help me how to fix it, please i need to reformat and i need extra space for backup.
Appreciated.

Edited by shinZemup

I have a western digital 320gb Internal hard drive its works fine but some times it makes sounds and it gets struck for 2 to 3 minutes and suddenly crashes

is there any solution

That´s called "The Click of Death". As sanjoa already said, Replace your HDD, double time.

Edited by Guinness

I got a 500GB Hard drive that came from my old laptop and it was working fine and everything until i reformatted it by default window formats.

Now my desktop wont read my external HD is there any reason why and could someone help me how to fix it, please i need to reformat and i need extra space for backup.

Appreciated.

Your HDD´s MTF is probably corrupted.

Try to Re-format it under Windows Disk Management:

(My computer -> Properties -> Manage -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management)

Find your HDD and re-format it.

Edited by Guinness

Appreciated.

... and you did:

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/191032-external-hd-wont-read-after-format/

so now that it's solved...

You can edit the title in your first post as [sOLVED] External HD wont read after format so people see you solved it already. ^_^

Edited by FreeRyde

if it is a green version (then it is normal to hear clicks) but if you would be sure then use hd tune. under health and see if everything is normal.

one warning is replace the disk.

i personal do not like wd disks. i prefer nas drives (seagate)

but if you have a green version then it is like saving energy.(do whe want a energy saving harddisk ?) i think not.