Lighter Windows 7?

elohelomg

I recall some time ago i was able to grab a iso of windows 7 that was significantly smaller than a regular windows 7 iso, and included a ton of tweaks on it to increase overall performance. It was sort of like Tiny Wndows 7, but aero themes and what not worked by default.

I would go through the steps of cutting down windows 7 myself, but god knows im too lazy. Any suggestions in regards to an optimized slimmed down version of windows 7?

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elohelomg

• stylemessiah

• ricktendo

• hallucinojerk

Top Posters In This Topic

hallucinojerk

I installed that slimmed down Windows 7 before in my netbook but there was a lot of bugs. Services won't work here and there. Then I decided to go to just a normal size Windows 7 x86 and let the default run without optimizations and tweaks. Til then, it run just fine without any problems. Just stick with the default settings.

I installed that slimmed down Windows 7 before in my netbook but there was a lot of bugs. Services won't work here and there. Then I decided to go to just a normal size Windows 7 x86 and let the default run without optimizations and tweaks. Til then, it run just fine without any problems. Just stick with the default settings.

Im with you on this one, removing windows components with things like nlite/vlite is only something you do when you want to spend countless hours reading their forums (which plenty of people used to do, too much free time i guess) and rebuilding ISO's.

People used to post their installed windows size for crying out loud, even more sad (if thats even possible) than the people who put their PC specs in their signatures....

Never understood the point of trying to slim Windows down, to me it was more like "lets see how i can break it and make it way less stable"

Totally counter productive, just to save a few MB's or more.....