Sky PLUS HD Remote Help

Sonar

Just looking for a simple answer - weather this new remote(replacement) can work the same as my previous one.

The old remote mentioned below controls the tv perfect with all features working.

The new remote does not let me use the up/down arrows keys (inside the tv menu). vol +/- & mute channel +/- all work.

I notice the sticker inside the remotes say sky+ and sky-hd - unsure if that's the problem here.

The URC is different also (not sure if that plays a part here) - does the URC mean version? and is newer then the new remote i purchased?

All the codes I get to work don't allow me to use up/down(inside the tv menu) so I'm not sure why one remote does and one doesn't.

TV-Model: Samsung LE40B650-T2WXXU

Old Remote (sticker inside cover)

URC 1672-00-01R01

S3F80K BXXV-C0CB

Sky-HD Rev 9F

not sure of code used

-

New Remote (sticker inside cover)

URC 1652-00-20R00

S3F80K BXXV-C0CB

Sky+ Rev 9F

Code used: 2079 (provided on the sky remote setup wizard on the site)

Codes that work but no up/down menu option.

Edited by Sonar

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonar

• Reefa

• Whi5t1eR

Top Posters In This Topic

I no this proberly wont help..But my skyhd remote is philips and i have to use the help button for the tv and it only works for down (inside the tv menu)Frustrating..By the way i cant find any code inside my remote sorry :(

I no this proberly wont help..But my skyhd remote is philips and i have to use the help button for the tv and it only works for down (inside the tv menu)Frustrating..By the way i cant find any code inside my remote sorry :(

Yeah I can use the help button also but only in the option to choose signal connections aka hd/scart/pc and so on on the replacement remote.

the help button doesn't work on the tv menu for sound/picture menu as when pressed on that screen it just takes me to the hd/scart/pc screen.

these options can be changed on the tv its self - but puzzling by the 2 remotes.

but puzzling by the 2 remotes

Yeah sure is i will keep looking.In the mean time i hope you get it sorted or someone else can help gl dude

Yes, you can get new remote (replacement) to work the same as your previous one. You have now a SKY+ remote, so to make it work with SKY HD,

1 Press "TV"
2 Press and hold "Select" and "Blue" together until red led in remote flashes twice
3 Press "2"
4 Press "Select" - red led should flash twice
5 Press "Sky" and done.

if this dont work, repeat as above... but in step 2, Press and hold "Select" and "Yellow" together.

Just to be sure your programming your remote correctly:

• Press TV
  • Press and hold the 'Red' button and 'Select' at the same time. (the Red indicator light at the top of the Sky remote will flash twice)
  • Enter 2079 code for your samsung (others may work)
  • The red indicator light should flash twice to confirm the code is accepted.
  • Press 'select' again to store, then press SKY to watch.
  • Done, (On some functions, you may need to press 'TV' to put the remote into 'TV mode')
Edited by Whi5t1eR

Yes, you can get new remote (replacement) to work the same as your previous one. You have now a SKY+ remote, so to make it work with SKY HD,

1 Press "TV"

2 Press and hold "Select" and "Blue" together until red led in remote flashes twice

3 Press "2"

4 Press "Select" - red led should flash twice

5 Press "Sky" and done.

if this dont work, repeat as above... but in step 2, Press and hold "Select" and "Yellow" together.

Just to be sure your programming your remote correctly:

• Press TV
  • Press and hold the 'Red' button and 'Select' at the same time. (the Red indicator light at the top of the Sky remote will flash twice)
  • Enter 2079 code for your samsung (others may work)
  • The red indicator light should flash twice to confirm the code is accepted.
  • Press 'select' again to store, then press SKY to watch.
  • Done, (On some functions, you may need to press 'TV' to put the remote into 'TV mode')

Tried all those, even putting the remote into sky-hd (2) or sky+ (3) - the tv menu still don't work.

Ive actually tried the 6-8 codes again for the tv while the remote is set to sky-hd (2) - and still the same.