Which one should I go for?

insanedown58

I plan to buy a new phone in aboutn a week and I came across 2 phones. Both are dual-core but one is 40 bucks more than the other.

Here's the one that's 40 bucks more

4.0-inch WVGA (480x800) IPS Display

233ppi with 5-point multi-touch feature

Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

1GHz dual-core MT6577 processor

PowerVR SGX531 GPU

512MB of RAM

4GB of internal storage (2.5GB usable)

microSD card slot up to 32GB

5MP autofocus camera with LED flash

720p HD video recording

VGA (0.3MP) front camera

HSDPA 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps

Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP and EDR

WiFI 802.11b/g/n, WiFi HotSpot

GSM Triband / 3G Dualband

GPS with A-GPS support

TV-Out support / LED Notification

3.5mm headset jack / microUSB

Proximity / Ambient light / Motion Sensor

Li-ion 1,600mAh battery

Standby time up to 200 hours

Talk time up to 9 hours

127.5 x 65.5 x 10.3mm (dimension)

125g (weight)

Here's the other one:

Network: Tri-band GSM / 3G Connectivity

(3G - SIM 1 only)

Dimensions: (320x480)

Display Type: capacitive display

Screen Size: 3.5-inch HVGA

Sim: Dual SIM / Dual Standby

WiFi: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n /

Bluetooth: Bluetooth

GPS: GPS with A-GPS Support

Internal Memory: 4GB of internal storage

RAM: 512MB of RAM

Card Slot: microSD support up to 32GB

Camera: 3.2MP fixed-focus camera (No LED

flash)

Front Camera: 1.3MP fixed-focus front-

facing camera

Processor: 1GHz dual-core MediaTek

MT6572M processor

microUSB 2.0 / 3.5mm audio jack

Radio: FM Radio / TARA App / Motion

Sensor

Battery: Li-Ion 1,300mAh battery

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insanedown58

• princenarwal

• hallucinojerk

• Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you from the Philippines? What are the brands?

Err.. my|phone :naughty:

The first one is the myphone A848i or the A848 Duo or something similar while the 2nd one is the newer myphone Agua Rain 3G

Edited by insanedown58

i don't know how much 40 bucks costs to you in philippines? but if its not too much for you then you should go for first one as it is superior in

4.0-inch WVGA (480x800) IPS Display with multitouch.

PowerVR SGX531 GPU not mentioned in otherone.

5MP autofocus camera with LED flash although it don't make any good for me to have a 3.2 vs 5MP but having a LED is always a big enhancer of camera quality. also it can be used as a handy torch. For front camera it is mostly used for video calling so not such a big thing to consider. while other one have HD video recording too. A +Point.

HSDPA 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps not mentioned in other one consider it is same in both.

Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP and EDR. A bit older version but having wifi wil solve the big size data transfer problem.

GSM Triband / 3G Dualband. Both sims are 3G so its like having 2 3G enabled phones vs 1 3G & 1 2G phone

Li-ion 1,600mAh battery vs 1300 but a large screen will require more battery so it may be equal in usage.

so choice is yours. but in my opinion you shold go for a alternative of 1GB RAM. If budget is tight have a dual Sim(3g+2g) and smaller camera (keep LED a big thing to consider), remove GPU if not a gamer. but having a higher android will require a higher RAM.

So best of luck.

I really am not the guy who will spend hours upon hours of his time playing something like Dead Trigger on a phone. The top of the line game that'll need a lot of resource that I would probably play is Minion Rush. I really don't need a HD Video Camera since I don't do video blogs on the go and if I intend to do so I have me another camera handy. For 3G, well.. I'm always on WiFi. I guess my requirements go as simple as this: As long as it can play a game like Temple Run smoothly, it can browse smoothly, it has a responsive screen and it has a front-facing camera for Skype calls. :D

Edited by insanedown58

I really am not the guy who will spend hours upon hours of his time playing something like Dead Trigger on a phone. The top of the line game that'll need a lot of resource that I would probably play is Minion Rush. I really don't need a HD Video Camera since I don't do video blogs on the go and if I intend to do so I have me another camera handy. For 3G, well.. I'm always on WiFi. I guess my requirements go as simple as this: As long as it can play a game like Temple Run smoothly, it can browse smoothly, it has a responsive screen and it has a front-facing camera for Skype calls. :D

For gaming and camera this totally depends on your personal taste. But for connectivity you must have a 3G on one sim. For browsing and responsive screen you should go for 1GB ram. as you will not like to have a lagging phone as browsing today may be highly resource eating. Also look for a good and trusted brand. Many local brands are better than their international competitors but many of them are cheap too.

so choose carefully.

For gaming and camera this totally depends on your personal taste. But for connectivity you must have a 3G on one sim. For browsing and responsive screen you should go for 1GB ram. as you will not like to have a lagging phone as browsing today may be highly resource eating. Also look for a good and trusted brand. Many local brands are better than their international competitors but many of them are cheap too.

so choose carefully.

Its really hard to get a 1 GB RAM in a phone for my current budget. These phones are real sturdy and all that :) Now as for the processor-GPU combo, which one is more superior?

Its really hard to get a 1 GB RAM in a phone for my current budget. These phones are real sturdy and all that :) Now as for the processor-GPU combo, which one is more superior?

If you can't go for 1gb ram then have cpu+gpu. it will enhance the web page (enriched multimedia content) rendering speed and if you like having animation effects on UI then also it will make them smooth to go.

hallucinojerk

Are you from the Philippines? What are the brands?

Err.. my|phone :naughty:

The first one is the myphone A848i or the A848 Duo or something similar while the 2nd one is the newer myphone Agua Rain 3G

Kabayan, it depends on how you're gonna use your phone. I'd prefer handy phones that fits right in my pocket. If I were the one to choose, I'd go for the smaller screen.

Thanks Kabayan! Hahahahahaha. I decided to go for the smaller one because it was a lot zippier than the one that's 40 bucks more. They had a demo unit but they didn't have stocks of the phone itself :lol: