My experiences so far with Windows 8.1

insanedown58

I like the changes introduced to Windows 8.1 and trust me when I say this, I like it more than Windows 8. Now, even with that I have a few gripes with the OS and its current state.

1. The apps are still glitchy (they hang-up or perform painfully slow)

2. Things like Advanced Startup don't usually work (when using Advanced Startup through the "Change PC Settings" in the charms")

3. Programs lock up (yes even Microsoft ones) when a system utility like Programs and Features and Windows Update.

4. Windows Update is still buggy (the program itself and the updates that it installs ;) )

I understand that this is still "cutting edge" because it just came out but the fact that Micro$oft held this back 2 months angers me. Why? Because it makes me wonder, what did they do to Windows 8.1 over those 2 months? Did they just sit on their asses and waited for OEMs to slap in compatible drivers for their hardware? I think 2 months is more than enough to ensure users that basic optimization is observed when the OS comes out.

This my personal experience. :)

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robo

• ramiz0

• insanedown58

• Chancer

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had several crashes especially when I am shutting down. Blue screen with an ugly face :( then it checks the computer then restarts. I updated with Windows store