PPPOA Settings

Sonar

I just purchased a Buffalo AirStation NFINITI AnnexA WBMR-HP-G300H-EU.

I kinda bought it without looking into things "oops"...

Problem..

The new router is asking for PPPOA settings - if I click next without entering anything I cant get an internet connection.

I'm With Sky Broadband and reading from google they wont provide any help.

There are guides on google but I have no clue what I'm doing.

Router Model: Sky Hub SR101

any help will be appreciated

Edited by Sonar

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonar

• wdm

• gonza

• tezza

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't checked recently, but it certainly used to be the case (about 5 years ago, I guess) that Sky provide the router already set up (I'm sure that part is sill true). You are not allowed to use your own router, and they won't give you the info needed to use your own router.

Despite that, I did find a utility that extracted the login info and used it to set up my own router - but that was temporary. The login info is completely unguessable. i.e. it used an account name and password that would mean nothing to you.

I haven't checked recently, but it certainly used to be the case (about 5 years ago, I guess) that Sky provide the router already set up (I'm sure that part is sill true). You are not allowed to use your own router, and they won't give you the info needed to use your own router.

Despite that, I did find a utility that extracted the login info and used it to set up my own router - but that was temporary. The login info is completely unguessable. i.e. it used an account name and password that would mean nothing to you.

True the router comes pre activated with username and password. some people have managed to grab the details and use there own router..

I have no clue how to use some of the mentioned programs that grab the data needed from router.

I just need someone with abit of exp regarding grabbing that data

Sky will not provide the PPPOA details as its against there TOS to use your own router. they provide no support for anything out side there own equipment.

Edited by Sonar

This any help? youtube.com/watch?v=Vvmn3xI77Os

I will give that a shot, Thanks for taking some time and finding that video its easier to watch then read 500 guides mixed all around

forums.

EDIT

Thank you tezza I followed that video and it worked! I am now connecting from the Buffalo router I purchased.

I loaded DD-WRT onto the buffalo and now I have no clue how to get it to connect LOL

I put in the username and password and reboot the router but the internet light is showing RED with no DSL.

now on the stock firmware I had a connection check where it checked the PPPOA DCHP/name server/connection - cant find that in the DD-WRT options.

I'm unsure if i have to change anything else on the basic setup page for DD-WRT, its nearly 3AM here I'm gonna get some sleep and try again tomorrow!.

EDIT

Read a little more around the DD-WRT forum now I find out that DD-WRT does not like ADSL Modem's! to get this thing to work i have to leave the sky hub in place and set up the new router as a second line.. voviously the sky hub does all the connection for PPPOA but then the second router does the connection (when i disable everything on the first router)... Annoying way round it but the only way untill DDWRT support PPPOA more.

well as soon as the contract ends for sky next year I'll be going back to virgin media!

Edited by Sonar