Can't get access to the net

bruinator

I have a dual boat system with windows 8 and windows 7 on it. Windows 7 has access to the internet without issue. When I try going on the net vis firefox or IE i am unable to access the net. This tells me there is no issue with cable or the router or the net card. When I boot up on win 8 i get the following error:

I1FAiD8.jpg

Could any of this be causing my issue with connecting to the net. I looked under services and do not see a service called "basefiltering engine" or "Ipsec policy agent" listed. The other is started and enabled.

If that is not the issue connecting to the net, what could be?

thx

• Replies 3
  • Views 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnakeMasteR

• tezza

• STEEL

• bruinator

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Read

http://forums.peerblock.com/read.php?3,12165,page=3

And restore default settings in Win8/8.1 (including Base Filtering Engine, IPsec Policy Agent, IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules etc with simple reg file)

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/9413-services-restore-default-services-windows-8-a.html

Edited by tezza

Required Services

PeerBlock requires a few Windows Services to be running. If they're not, you will get an error popup and the program will close. To fix this, double-check that the following services are not disabled:

• Base Filtering Engine
  • IPsec Policy Agent
  • IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keyring Modules
Generally these services are only disabled after someone has tried "tuning" their system, and thought these services weren't actually of any use. The latter two services can have a startup type of "Manual", but the Base Filtering Engine should be "Automatic".

So maybe check which program tunes your OS and disables services. Also could be a infection, so you might get MBAM, RogueKiller or HitmanPro or any other malware removal tool and check your OS.

Required Services

PeerBlock requires a few Windows Services to be running. If they're not, you will get an error popup and the program will close. To fix this, double-check that the following services are not disabled:

• Base Filtering Engine
  • IPsec Policy Agent
  • IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keyring Modules
Generally these services are only disabled after someone has tried "tuning" their system, and thought these services weren't actually of any use. The latter two services can have a startup type of "Manual", but the Base Filtering Engine should be "Automatic".

So maybe check which program tunes your OS and disables services. Also could be a infection, so you might get MBAM, RogueKiller or HitmanPro or any other malware removal tool and check your OS.

Agree & have U,r Router Looked at :rolleyes: