Brightness slider not working HP 6735s , Windows 8.1 , 32bit

mushakis

After upgrading to windows 8.1 from windows 8, I am facing this problem my screen is dimmed, I can not adjust the brightness with the slider from the power options window

I updated the graphic driver to the latest driver from the vendor amd ( radeon 3200)

I searched the web for a solution but I couldn't find any working solution.

After many trials and movement of slider to max and min some times it works but returned again to dimmed positon whenever I restart the pc.

If I shut down the computer the brightness settings will remain when I power the pc.

I even disabled the adaptive brightness sensor with no luck.

Any one have any idea how to fix this proplem?

Edited by mushakis

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mushakis

• ThE iNsAnE

• LiLmEgZ

• tezza

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

even i am facing a similar problem with brightness after upgrading to win 8.1.

i can adjust the brightness using the control panel display option....BUT as soon as i press the brightness key in the keyboard, the brightness will reduce automatically even if i am increasing it...and will not increase using the keyboard keys...to increase the brightness, again i have to go to control panel display option...LOTS OF BUGS IN WIN 8.1...

my graphic driver is also upto date...i guess maybe my VAIO hotkey driver may not be compatible with win 8.1...and SONY is not updating the drivers for my laptop model VPCEA45FG...

The hot combination keys (fn + F8,F7) are not working at all for me..

with clean install of win 8, it was not working for me too...so i had installed windows 7 which came originally with my computer and then upgraded to win 8...then everything was working fine...now after upgrading to win 8.1, i am facing troubles...

It was working perfectly with windows 8 before upgrading to windows 8.1

I am sure this problem is shared between the OS I mean windows 8.1 and the graphic cards vendors some where there is a conflict preventing the brightness slider from functining .

Microsoft is aware of this problem and the graphic cards vendor also do.

So we have to wait for the official release of 8.1 to see if MS will fix this.

All works fine in my lappy ( Toshiba ), not one single problem since Win 8.1 installed.

Edited by tezza

I think the problem is with the graphic driver I will try to format and clean install windows 8.1 and see if that problem fixed

Some of the graphic cards driver not working with windows 8.1 but this will be fixed when windows 8.1 officially released

The brightness adjustment is the only problem I am facing with windows 8.1 >> I have another laptop Acer 5220 and working fine with windows 8.1 not a single problem

Edited by mushakis

Well after formating and clean install of windows 8.1 and updating all system drivers .... I guess I was expecting good news but unfortunately no luck to get the brightness slider working as it should ...

Just waiting for a fix from both MS and graphic card vender