• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bruinator

• emerglines

• Cyberboom

• TheAslan

18.2.1. Autoscan

Autoscan is a light on-demand scan that silently scans all your data for malware

and takes the appropriate actions for any infections found. Autoscan finds and uses

time-slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform

recurring scans of the entire system.

Benefits of using Autoscan:

● It has close to zero impact on the system.

● By pre-scanning the entire hard-disk, future on-demand tasks will be completed

extremely fast.

● On-access scanning will also take significantly less time.

To turn on or off Autoscan, follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.

2. On the Antivirus panel, click the switch to turn on or off Autoscan.

5.5.2. Turning on or off the Security Status notification

To turn on or off the Security Report notification, follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.

2. Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.

3. In the Settings Overview window, select General.

4. In the General Settings window, select the General tab.

5. Click the switch to turn on or off the Security Report notification.

The Security Report notification is enabled by default

Please give us a feedback if problem is fixed, to make sure other people see if it works or not...

By default Auto-Scan is enabled for USB , CD/DVD and Network Drives so you have to turn it OFF manually .

See the picture below : (same guide for Bitdefender 2014)

wWtg7vs.jpg

PS 1 : Turning off Auto Scan doesn't mean that Real-Time/On Access Protection will be OFF too !

PS 2 : If you don't really want to disable this feature .. You can set the combo box to "Ask every time"

Edited by Cyberboom

Thx for all the work you did. It is appreciated. I guess it has to stay on or AV is turned off.

You're welcome bro, i just want to say that i don't use that antivirus i just give you the manual information that they provide, try what cyberboom told you to do, have a nice day.

By default Auto-Scan is enabled for USB , CD/DVD and Network Drives so you have to turn it OFF manually .

See the picture below : (same guide for Bitdefender 2014)

wWtg7vs.jpg

PS 1 : Turning off Auto Scan doesn't mean that Real-Time/On Access Protection will be OFF too !

PS 2 : If you don't really want to disable this feature .. You can set the combo box to "Ask every time"

After making the changes mentioned here, I am still getting the message every hour. Any ideas to turn it off guys?

thx

After making the changes mentioned here, I am still getting the message every hour. Any ideas to turn it off guys?

thx

Which version of Bitdefender are you using ? v16 (2013) or v17 (2014) ?

thx

2014 thx

thx

2014 thx

Ok , then open Bitdefender Window >> look for Antivirus panel >> click of Scan Now >> a menu will appear ..>click on Manage Scan >> in the manage scan task window , check if there is any scheduled scan in the list >> delete it all if you found any of that

bKSiter.jpg

Note : You should only see 2 default scans in Manage Scan Tasks window (these scans are predefined by Bitdefender Lab)

fbOH4bo.jpg

I hope this is helpful :)

thx

2014 thx

Ok , then open Bitdefender Window >> look for Antivirus panel >> click of Scan Now >> a menu will appear ..>click on Manage Scan >> in the manage scan task window , check if there is any scheduled scan in the list >> delete it all if you found any of that

bKSiter.jpg

Note : You should only see 2 default scans in Manage Scan Tasks window (these scans are predefined by Bitdefender Lab)

fbOH4bo.jpg

I hope this is helpful :)

Thx for helping. There is no scheduled scans to run. I appreciate your help, time and effort.

yes, turn it off permanently is what i did. Hopefully it will stay that way. thx

From the very first replies of emerglines .He told you to turn OFF Auto-Scan :lol:

I thought you did that :huh:

yes, turn it off permanently is what i did. Hopefully it will stay that way. thx

From the very first replies of emerglines .He told you to turn OFF Auto-Scan :lol:

he did but BD said leaving it in that option would render it as vulnerable. When I changed it to permanently it did not say that so it is ok now. thx

he did but BD said leaving it in that option would render it as vulnerable. When I changed it to permanently it did not say that so it is ok now. thx

They make that bubble appear each time, to inform you, and they didn't put any option to stop it, so its half resolved lol!

• 3 weeks later...

I have annoying issue with BIS 2014, sometimes I can't open BitDefender Agent because its icon does not appear in systray, sometimes it appears there and sometimes it does not, I can see that its process is running in Task Manager but I can't launch it.

Why this happens?

BIS 2014 is the only software what does this, it's extremely annoying.

Edit:

After some Google searching looks like this is known issue in Bitdefender, and a long term issue also.

Edited by TheAslan

I have annoying issue with BIS 2014, sometimes I can't open BitDefender Agent because its icon does not appear in systray, sometimes it appears there and sometimes it does not, I can see that its process is running in Task Manager but I can't launch it.

Why this happens?

BIS 2014 is the only software what does this, it's extremely annoying.

Edit:

After some Google searching looks like this is known issue in Bitdefender, and a long term issue also.

Yes that's a known bug of Bitdefender ..However it was solved since Bitdefender 2013 (v16.31) and for 2014 products I didn't notice any problem in BD icon in notification area on task bar ..

If you still having that problem ,you can fix it via click on white "up arrow" on task bar >> customize.. >>then click on Restore default icon behaviors >> Reboot your PC .. (this method is working & tested by me :) )

I just want to answer you about "Why you can't see Bitdefender processes in task manager?" cause Bitdefender processes are considered as System processes not user one .. you can see it only if you click on button "Show processes from all users"

I hope that's useful ;)

Cheers

Task Manager is not the issue here, BitDefender systray icon it's the issue, this has happened to me with all versions of BitDefender 2014, restored default icon behaviors but didn't help, also tried to fix BitDefender, didn't help, also did a clean install but didn't help.

I contacted BitDefender, let's see if they finds a reason for this bug. Looks like the old bug has started to haunt again.

Edited by TheAslan