Disabling BIOS cache memory and shadowing options

blazeblaze456

I am having P5QPL-AM motherboard with DDR2 Ram.I want to ask that how to disable bios memory options in bios? I am using P5QPL-AM motheroard and when i turn on my PC blue screen is shown and a message showing "Disable cache memory and shadowing in bios" also after that some hex addresses are shown like 0000000001x and it is mentioning that there is memory dump problem i am unable to use my pc only windows xp loads after that blue screen appears showing above messages and nothing happens how to solve this problem????? I don't see Disable CACHE OPTION IN BIOS. Also at top of Blue screen message is shown that REGISTRY ERROR. You have to disable Caching and shadowing options of BIOS. Plz help. Its urgent.

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• emerglines

• ramiz0

• Ragdd

• blazeblaze456

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude but in my bios settings System BIOS Cacheable option and Shadow option is not there!!!

That's why I am asking. In my case there is error in registry and I can't log on to Win XP SP3 even in Safe mode!!!

This was happend to me 2 or 3 times same as you in windows xp if you cant login with safe mode you need to reinstall the OS from beginning

And please give us a feed back, to help people who are getting the same problem, to be solved.

My first initial thought was to flash the bios to the lastest version, (this may add the missing features), but best thing imho is to as already stated by Raggd, take your mem out, re-seat it and use a livecd to test the memory. If the stress test passes, maybe look at running a disk check as some times the MFT gets corrupt.

If all the above passes, I'd then look at doing a full format and re-install, if you're still getting the errors, which will present itself during the new install, possibly look at trying a different Windows install setup.

Note : I would only flash the bios after trying all the above, more of a last resort. Also Flashing your bios IS NOT for the faint of heart, as if you mess it up, you have a brick essentially, unless it has dual bios.

Edited by Dodel

Its a cached config in CMOS problem, not related to RAM, maybe his windows registry is corrupted so he couldn't correct it only by reinstalling windows OS again.

And were is the cache been stored, the RAM...

The cache and shadowing function is BIOS data that is stored in faster RAM at boot than in the slower BIOS.

Edited by Ragdd

No need to disable cache memory from BIOS setup...unless you want to ride as an old Pentium MMX...!!!

....Seems a hardware issue...and your os is screwed... <_<

Small step-by-step troubleshooter...

- Clear CMOS (... take a look on Your mainboard support CD for pin diagram...). Use default settings...

- Clean carefuly inside Your PC and remove all dust from inside...change thermal compound from CPU...

- Clean carefuly the ram sticks and slots...Fans are OK....???

- Double-check all PSU conections...change data SATA cable or PATA cable for new one...

- As Ragd recomendation...run a RAM testing and hard-disk test from bootable CD ( UBCD...google it )

- May be You can find a spare PSU from a friends rig to test the hardware...?... It would be useful...

- Check on ASUS website last official BIOS update ( VERY CAREFUL )...

- Almost always stop debug ( blue screen ) on install is faulty or flaky hardware issue...

- If all is fine with the hard, back up Your stuff and try a clean XP install...

- Drop a line here for help, on nsane forums. Kind People here. Glad to help...Best Luck...!!!! ;)

Edited by el_espaniol

No need to disable cache memory from BIOS setup...unless you want to ride as an old Pentium MMX...!!!

....Seems a hardware issue...and your os is screwed... <_<

Small step-by-step troubleshooter...

- Clear CMOS (... take a look on Your mainboard support CD for pin diagram...). Use default settings...

- Clean carefuly inside Your PC and remove all dust from inside...change thermal compound from CPU...

- Clean carefuly the ram sticks and slots...Fans are OK....???

- Double-check all PSU conections...change data SATA cable or PATA cable for new one...

- As Ragd recomendation...run a RAM testing and hard-disk test from bootable CD ( UBCD...google it )

- May be You can find a spare PSU from a friends rig to test the hardware...?... It would be useful...

- Check on ASUS website last official BIOS update ( VERY CAREFUL )...

- Almost always stop debug ( blue screen ) on install is faulty or flaky hardware issue...

- If all is fine with the hard, back up Your stuff and try a clean XP install...

- Drop a line here for help, on nsane forums. Kind People here. Glad to help...Best Luck...!!!! ;)

let,s see if it works <_<