Windows 8.1 will not accept free WMC key

grumps

I Have installed and activated the 8.1 RTM, with the help of the forum but it will not accept my previously working (on Win 8 Media Centre key. When trying to install it just says "this key wont work". Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by grumps

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grumps

• AR_Alex

• geeteam

• Mohamed atif

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I am confused, I do not see how to use my key that has been accepted in Win 8.

My free key for my second comp was accepted and installed WMC, but I now see that my Windows key has changed and is the WMC key, how does that work?

Edited by grumps

I seem to be missing something, what I see are offline activation keys not upgrade keys. Is that right and if so how does that work to upgrade to WMC.

Sorry but I am confused, I do not see how to use my key that has been accepted in Win 8.

My free key for my second comp was accepted and installed WMC, but I now see that my Windows key has changed and is the WMC key, how does that work?

What you want to say you follow this link you get all the information on this topic :think: :think:

if I get you, you mean you have installed, and activated windows 8.1, and you want to upgrade to WMC right.

Use this keys: snip! to upgrade to windows 8.1 WMC.

Edited by jalaffa
Removed serial

I Have installed and activated the 8.1 RTM, with the help of the forum but it will not accept my previously working (on Win 8 Media Centre key. When trying to install it just says "this key wont work". Any help would be appreciated.

You have to install wmc with one of they keys november ra1n provided. Then you insert your own key and activate with phone. If you try to add the "features" with your key it will not work trust me.

• 2 weeks later...