Driver Issue!

Casper

Hi all, I'm having issues with my motherboard's Ethernet connection. I get a BSOD when running uTorrent. I'm able to sort the issue out by disabling Teredo. But I would lilke to know if there's any other way (maybe someone else has experienced such an issue). I'm not really exactly sure what Teredo is really doing, but I'd prefer it to be doing what it does either way.

Here is my message to Gigabyte and their response:

I'm having issues with the my ethernet connection I believe. I get a BSOD saying "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" file is "netio.sys"). As far as I can tell the problem is to do with IPv6/Teredo. This occurred with v18.3 of the network drivers. I have also tried v18.5 from Intel's site with no change in behaviour. I also tested out cFos that came on the included disc and while doing a speed test from their site (with cFos running) I got another BSOD, this time it mentioned "cfosspeed6.sys". I'm attaching the minidumps. I am more concerned with the netio.sys dump file than with the cFos one, but I'm attaching both so that you can have a look.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-Z87X-UD3H(rev. 1.0)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F7
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : GIGABYTE Model : AMD Radeon HD 7950
CPU Brand : Intel Model : i7-4770K Speed : 3.5Ghz
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP : 1
Memory Brand : Type : DDR3
Memory Size : 2x8Gb Speed : 1600Mhz
Power Supply : 1050 W

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. Since BSOD may cause by memory modules or O.S., please following the steps:

(1) Because there are too many kinds of memory modules available in the retail market, it is very difficult to test all of the modules with our MB products.

Thus, if possible, we suggest you can test your system with other memory, or the memory listed on the memory support list from our website to see if there's a memory or motherboard problem, for memory support list, please click HERE.

(2) Since we found some users with cracked / modified Windows OS might show up the error message or abnormal behavior, we need to confirm if you use genuine and non-modfied Windows OS or not. If you use some Windows version which is crack or modified, we would suggest you try to install genuine and non-modified Windows OS and update service pack to the latest.

(3) Since we are not sure if it is caused by other applications you installed, if you are using the genuine OS with latest service pack and install all the motherboard driver from our website or from Driver CD but problem still remains, we suggest you to back up the data and reinstall the genuine OS with all the motherboard drivers installed since sometimes the BSOD issue may caused by software/applications.

But, if the problem still remains, then a further testing or examination to your system might be required. We suggest you to contact your motherboard supplier and see if they help you to test your system directly. We are really sorry for the inconvenience you have with our product.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

Not at all helpful since I've already told them what the issue is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

minidumps.zip

Edited by Casper

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Casper

• SPECTRUM

Top Posters In This Topic