Office 2010 Updates

tarekma7

Office pro plus 2010 with sp1 is successfully installed and activated on windows 7 home premium
Automatic updates were successfully installed including sp2
But after i reboot; sp2 appear again but with much smaller size than the first time (only 45 mb)
Now in the list of updates i have 2 installations of sp2 both have the same number kb2687455
After i reboot sp1 appear and successfully installed although i have installed office 2010 proplus with sp1 from the start
all these updates are successful
but why i have sp1 twice and sp2 twice?
is there any problem from this? should i uninstall both sp2 installations and redownload?
product version of office is correct , uptodate and showed sp2 installed

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarekma7

• Journey

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's too late but always back up your OS before updating so you don't run into problems like this. That being said, I think you answered your own questions. Yes uninstall both sp2's. It wouldn't be shocking, however, that uninstalling one of the sp2's results in the other sp2 being gone too. Just start from square one. I would also recommend changing auto updating to update but let me choose when to install option. Then you can manually look at what your OS is trying to install first. That's how I do OS updates.