O&O Defrag Problem

locoJoe

I am using O&O Defrag Pro v16 build 183 on Windows 7 Home Prem x64. I constantly get this error:

14uern4.jpg

I had been using the freeware version and liked it. It gave me no problems. Ive had it installed for months. I decided to upgrade to the pro version and now I get the error. Google doesnt give me much so Im thinking maybe its not too common for this to happen. Anyways since O&O Defrag is frontpaged here at nsane maybe a member here uses it and can help. Thanx

• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• locoJoe

• brain_death

• Pete 12

• Whi5t1eR

Top Posters In This Topic

Your security software is blocking a component of this program. Disable NOD32, Comodo or anything else like that you have running, although be warned, this isn't always an easy thing to do. Then O&O Defrag will work...

;)

Joe, They have had 6 updates since Build 183 (initial release) and are now on Build 346 (container curruption fixed) just update from within program.

oampo_pick_zps0ca1868f.jpg

Your security software is blocking a component of this program. Disable NOD32, Comodo or anything else like that you have running, although be warned, this isn't always an easy thing to do. Then O&O Defrag will work...

;)

No, this is not my problem. Thanx for the advise but I already thought of this and still get the error with all my security programs turned off.

Joe, They have had 6 updates since Build 183 (initial release) and are now on Build 346 (container curruption fixed) just update from within program.

Its strange that their webpage makes no notice of this build345. It still has Build 183 listed. I did try ur suggestion and it did update to b345. Still get error tho. I found build 345 and dnlded it. Uninstalled old version. Installed b345 and still get error. Excuse me for this next sentence. FUCK O&O!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx for the advise tho. I appreciate it.

Edited by locoJoe

OK, I just noticed something. You said build 346 was out, but in the pic circled build 345, not 346? If there really is a Build 346 (container curruption fixed) out there could you point me to it as I can not find build 346 anywhere. Thanx.

;)

No, this is not my problem. Thanx for the advise but I already thought of this and still get the error with all my security programs turned off.

Go to your O&O Defrag installation directory and find oodcnt.exe. Copy it in the same directory and name it something else...

Double-click on this copied file and if O&O Defrag either starts, or you get a warning from another program, then some element of your security software is to blame.

Latest version is Build 345 btw...

:think:

Edited by brain_death

The reason I want to use O&O is that Ive tested loads of defrag softs and O&O actually does improve my disc speed. I was having micro lag in a few games. Defragging did nothing to help until I tried O&O. Defragging with O&O got rid of the micro lag. I had been using O&O Free, like I said works great, got rid of micro lag but I wanted a few more options. So I tried O&O Pro. Thats when the trouble began. Sometimes the error will happen every time I start O&O and other times O&O will run fine for awhile. Last night it actually ran good enough to defrag my HDDs. Close down O&O restarted it and bam...error again. I have tried running O&O Pro with all my security apps turned off and closed. I beleive that something is interfering with O&O Pro but am tired of trying to fix it. I have went back to O&O Free. Sure I gave up some fancy options but the free version never crashes on me. Im gonna stick to the free version. BTW do you know why O&O webpage makes no mention of build 345 and still have build 183 for dnld?

Also I tried what you mentioned above about copying oodcnt.exe, renaming (named it yy.exe) and dbl-clk it. O&O starts but gives msg about firewall. (it does not crash, error is only telling me it cant find my HDDs) I unblock yy.exe with firewall and O&O works. When I say works I mean it goes back to working awhile then crashes, or it just crashes instantly. Anyways Ive uninstalled pro and back to free with no problems. Thanx tho for ur help.

BTW do you know why O&O webpage makes no mention of build 345 and still have build 183 for dnld?

Hello LocoJoe, :hi:

In the O&O Defrag forums, you can find a lot of information about O&O Defrag versions at: Versionshistorie

And in nsane.forums, there is a topic about version 345 at: O&O Defrag Professional 16.0 Build 345 (x86/x64)

Edited by hpwamr

The reason I want to use O&O is that Ive tested loads of defrag softs and O&O actually does improve my disc speed. I was having micro lag in a few games. Defragging did nothing to help until I tried O&O. Defragging with O&O got rid of the micro lag. I had been using O&O Free, like I said works great, got rid of micro lag but I wanted a few more options. So I tried O&O Pro. Thats when the trouble began. Sometimes the error will happen every time I start O&O and other times O&O will run fine for awhile. Last night it actually ran good enough to defrag my HDDs. Close down O&O restarted it and bam...error again. I have tried running O&O Pro with all my security apps turned off and closed. I beleive that something is interfering with O&O Pro but am tired of trying to fix it. I have went back to O&O Free. Sure I gave up some fancy options but the free version never crashes on me. Im gonna stick to the free version. BTW do you know why O&O webpage makes no mention of build 345 and still have build 183 for dnld?

Also I tried what you mentioned above about copying oodcnt.exe, renaming (named it yy.exe) and dbl-clk it. O&O starts but gives msg about firewall. (it does not crash, error is only telling me it cant find my HDDs) I unblock yy.exe with firewall and O&O works. When I say works I mean it goes back to working awhile then crashes, or it just crashes instantly. Anyways Ive uninstalled pro and back to free with no problems. Thanx tho for ur help.

Well, I use O&O too. Those who have been in the business a loooong time, know the value of this software.

But just because your security apps are turned off and closed, doesn't mean they aren't still interfering in the background somewhere. I have had people swear blind they had checked this out before, only for it to prove the exact issue in the end. Firewall issues are common, so I guess you could allow access to everything in the O&O install directory, or even try running O&O in Windows Safe Mode because it *might* help.

The firewall warning is pointing the way and it's this you must pursue to get things working. Otherwise just use "free"...

:rockon:

P.S. The latest O&O Defrag builds come down through the automatic downloader within the program. From what you're saying, it seems they prefer this method of distribution nowadays...

Edited by brain_death

I beleive that something is interfering with O&O Pro but am tired of trying to fix it. I have went back to O&O Free.

The firewall warning is pointing the way and it's this you must pursue to get things working. Otherwise just use "free"...

yes

Edited by locoJoe

I beleive that something is interfering with O&O Pro but am tired of trying to fix it. I have went back to O&O Free.

yes

Lol. You'll never get anywhere with that sort of attitude. Some of us just aren't built that way...

:protest:

yes

Lol. You'll never get anywhere with that sort of attitude. Some of us just aren't built that way...

:protest:

I see it differently. O&O Free is fine for my needs. Ive been using it for months. Gets rid of micro lag in games. I would rather spend my time on things other than troubleshooting a soft that I can live without. It would be different if my problems were "global" but since its strictly related to O&O Pros fussiness, my time is better spent elsewhere. Thanx for ur concern about my attitude tho. g/l have fun!