• Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• locoJoe

• Ponting

• AlexCross

• smallhagrid

More details? X64 of X86? What happened while restoring? what kind of error did you get? the OS didn't boot or?

Dualboot Windows 8.1 Pro x86 and Windows 7 Ultimate x86

In Windows 8.1 can't restore

So I restore from Windows 7 or AX64 ISO, my PC can't boot

Edited by ns870152

Mhhh, bad news it seems if it didn't boot, I just did a fresh windows install and used AX for backup, hope I will have better luck, should start saving money for more memory, to not f up my data again.

Mhhh, bad news it seems if it didn't boot, I just did a fresh windows install and used AX for backup, hope I will have better luck, should start saving money for more memory, to not f up my data again.

Disable fast startup in Windows 8/8.1...

breachinbleach

Hi I have ax64 installed on my machine with 8.1 pro running ,I am getting this error"kernel autoboost invalid lock release" I am wondering if it is ax64 that is doing this error or something else? The error is showing up as a bsod when shutting down computer.

Is it really a good idea to keep ax64 on my 8.1 pro anyways if it can't restore? Thks

Read what NSFfan wrote above, I think that that may be the problem, but if AX64 cant run at his 100% with all W8 futures, it means that it's not compatible 100% with it.

My problem with AX64 is that I did a backup ~2 days ago, today when I tried to restore to a small snapshot, the console blocked at 5%, the screen froze, and in 20 min it stayed like that, so I decided to force a restart. Then the OS didn't boot, had to reinstall windows, and after reinstallation I decided to do again a restore because I didn't format the partition where AX saved the backup in the prev windows, and it restored my fresh windows to the prev one , I don't see anything missing in it, all my filles are there, I thought that it won't work since I didn't have a recovery media.

Edited by AlexCross

breachinbleach

OK how do i disable fast startup,I have it disabled i think where would i see that on a gigabyte board ? Thks I took out webroot antivirus and so far no more bsod's at shutdown. Hope it is webroot causing problem and not ax64 ,it is a great program.

OK how do i disable fast startup,I have it disabled i think where would i see that on a gigabyte board ? Thks I took out webroot antivirus and so far no more bsod's at shutdown. Hope it is webroot causing problem and not ax64 ,it is a great program.

Fast startup can be disabled from Power Option, in Control Pannel, Press Choose what Power Button do, and unckeck fast startup.

I didn't find on their site info about the program limitations, does someone have a link or can recommend what to not do when using AX64? I experienced some problems with AX64 and I don't know if it was my fault or the program had a bug.

LE. Now I did a restore again, and the PC restarted when the console was at 36%, after restart the OS was restored with no errors, everything was where it supposed to be, but I don't understand why in the console it was show 36% and not 100% before the restart.

Edited by AlexCross

breachinbleach

ok I took out ax64 ,it is not compatible with 8.1 and was the cause of my bsod's from what i seen on my .dmp files.It is too bad it is a great program. Thks

ok I took out ax64 ,it is not compatible with 8.1 and was the cause of my bsod's from what i seen on my .dmp files.It is too bad it is a great program. Thks

Im sure it will be compatible with Win8.1 in the near future. I use it on Win7 x64 and it works great. It has already saved me from doing a factory restore. Sometimes when I get too f***ed up I play with stuffz I probably shouldnt. You know, the old "curiousity killed the cat" kinda thing! Long story short, I f***ed up, rebooted and whammo...black screen. I could of reinstalled Win7 from DVD or used my factory backup discs, either option would of left me with a long list of things to do. I used the AX64 usb boot drive I created and was back right where I left off, before the f*** up in minutes. Since that point Ive been a huge fan of this soft. It saved my ass, what more could you ask?!? It is a great program.

Hi I have ax64 installed on my machine with 8.1 pro running ,I am getting this error"kernel autoboost invalid lock release" I am wondering if it is ax64 that is doing this error or something else? The error is showing up as a bsod when shutting down computer.

Is it really a good idea to keep ax64 on my 8.1 pro anyways if it can't restore? Thks

I was getting the same error but only when I shutdown my PC too bad I had to reinstall windows again bcz I didn't know it was caused by Ax64

• 3 weeks later...

Well I guess Im gonna be a dinosaur here cuz Im stickin with AX64 v1.2.1120 until I have problems. I have used this version of AX64 to recover from my foolishness several times and it has performed perfectly in every manner for me. I learned along time ago to stick with what works and that newest does not always mean bestest! I know others have had issues with AX64 but for me its tits! g/l have fun.

Edited by locoJoe

Isso (lead developer of AX64) has made official announcement on its future....

http://www.ax64.com/news.html

yep...look up 4 posts

NSFfan beat ya to it.

Beat me to it?...I didn't hear the starting gun, I call a no race!

lol, i just meant that I thought you had real news. when I clicked ur link I realized it was same link that NSFfan posted earlier that I read while eating my breakfast this morning. :read:

breachinbleach

Ax64 time machine will be changed to realcopy soon they are working on it ,part of the ax time machine program will be put into realcopy.

• 2 weeks later...

AX64 Time Machine (merge) to realcopy? :huh:

Now that (name: realcopy) sounds like they are lining themselves to softwares like teracopy, extremecopy, turbo copy, xcopy, robocopy, fastcopy and ultracopier. :uhuh: :nono:

Edited by nIGHT

Yea, Im hoping for the best and expecting the worst. It makes me sad that a simple no-nonsense, no-frills software that does one thing only and does it very well has now apparently deviated from that philosophy.