I watch stuff on YT but I hate being tracked !

smallhagrid

There's a bunch of YT channels that I get update emails from and I watch a bunch of those vids each day.

If I do it in my browser, of course YT (the big goog) keeps history of all I watch - and basically that and all the ads and krap just piss me off.

I really hate being tracked, or target marketed - and none of that krap works on me anyhow - I just want to watch the damn vids, thank you.

Also, using the browser for YT vids tends to jack up it's RAM usage quicker so it makes for more browser restarts.

I normally use (and really like) MPC-HC, but saw no way to make it play from a URL...

Then I found SVPtube ( http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVPtube ), got it, and set it to use MPC-HC automatically as it's player for YT links.

It's just a tiny little tray app that monitors the clipboard for YT URLs.

This is just exactly a perfect solution to all of it.

All I do now is just copy a YT URL and presto, it opens & plays in MPC-HC.

No tracking, ads or other garbage - just the vids.

If that kind of stuff also pisses you off it might be worth a try.

This is the quickest, easiest & best solution I've yet found for watching vids on the desktop.

(The only thing I don't know how to do yet is how to grab a vid from it that I want a copy of...)

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott

• LOQUILLO

• Lyon275

• shorty6100

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The power of the internet is awesome, but it comes with a price.You can be tracked no matter what. I delete cookies, privacy, etc on all my browsers. I fully believe Google (and others) will always track you. You can only minimize it by not being stupid.

The power of the internet is awesome, but it comes with a price.You can be tracked no matter what. I delete cookies, privacy, etc on all my browsers. I fully believe Google (and others) will always track you. You can only minimize it by not being stupid.

:yes: :thumbsup: