Mozilla Firefox Australis

Olexijl

Hello,

I personally find Australis awful. Maybe i am a little bit too conservative in this case but Australis is based on simplification which is not always as advantage to see.

I have many addons which are placed in addon-bar, which is lost. You find yourself in the UI, where addons are in the same place as navigation icons. Is it useful?

Is it useful to change the Menu and move it to the place Bookmarks-Icon belong? And this one is lost as well.

Rounded tabs are not bad idea - they should have made it w/o changing too much.

Any thoughts?

Download UX: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-ux/firefox-26.0a1.en-US.win32.installer.exe

Edited by Olexijl

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Olexijl

• DKT27

• mastershake

• SyafaTahvBroentoeng

Top Posters In This Topic

SyafaTahvBroentoeng

pale moon will not change their GUI into Australis, as long as there still the way until mozilla completely close access to the old GUI

I have to agree. The concept could have been ok if they did not go so drastic in the changes. Their problem is they created a browser from day one you could customize and make your own. Now they seem to want to go down a different road that is likely to push a large vocal group of users away. As that happens it may be the beginning of the end for Firefox. I hope not as it is my favorite browser and Google Chrome just does not work the way I like. But alas those in charge at Mozilla seem to really want to kill the browser they created or dumb it down so much no one will use it. It kind of reminds me of the last couple of years Commodore was around with the Amiga. They just kept shooting themselves in the foot until they died. Sad indeed...

In the short run version 24 will be an ESR release so I will likely switch to that for now and play with Pale Moon. In the long run I am not sure what I will do...

Edited by leland