Microsoft Office excel

LjubeGVG

I want to make a workbook that calculates average in excel.
for ex. 45667234. to calculate i must type each number in new cell. Can i make somehow type 45667234 in 1 cell and calculates average of separate numbers. Thanks.

PS. I know whis is not the place to ask this but i don't know where else to post an nsanedown nas been of much much help to me.

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LjubeGVG

• HX1

• glasnost

Top Posters In This Topic

Calculations and formulas in Excel are easy... However the formulas are written by by function and location.. and can include any cell indicated...

Your question is unclear which is probably why you haven't gotten a response..

For example: =AVERAGE(K10, L10) entered into a cell takes the two values in those cells ( K10, L10 ) and averages them. Then that value is what shows in the cell where the formula was entered. You can add other cells by entering a comma.

Excel 2010 will follow formatting according to where the formula was copied and how it is pasted. You can also copy the formula using the same data or multiple instances of the first number... You may also use the result of said calculation or formula in another cell as part of another formula.

Question is quite easy.. actually.. The help in the program is easy to understand.. so I would actually look into some of the detailed info available in it... ( and trial and error ) it may allow you to get a better understanding of the program for more proefficient usage.

Calculations and formulas in Excel are easy... However the formulas are written by by function and location.. and can include any cell indicated...

For example: =AVERAGE(K10, L10) entered into a cell takes the two values in those cells ( K10, L10 ) and averages them. Then that value is what shows in the cell where the formula was entered. You can add other cells by entering a comma.

Excel 2010 will follow formatting according to where the formula was copied and how it is pasted. You can also copy the formula using the same data or multiple instances of the first number... You may also use the result of said calculation or formula in another cell as part of another formula.

Question is quite easy.. actually.. The help in the program is easy to understand.. so I would actually look into some of the detailed info available in it... ( and trial and error ) it may allow you to get a better understanding of the program for more proefficient usage.

sorry mate. I'll try to explain now.

green cell contain formula and the yellow cells are variables.

http://s22.postimg.org/t6cf64qkh/Untitled.jpg

see here average from 1,2,3,4,5 is 3 but every number is in separate cell.

can i make something like this

http://s22.postimg.org/63lw6yp35/Untitled1.jpg in one cell to type 1,2,3,4,5 and in other excel to calculate average from every number in the cell separate. to be more specific in cell B1 to have the same result 3 - the average of 1,2,3,4,5.

thanks for your time

Edited by LjubeGVG

sorry mate. I'll try to explain now.

green cell contain formula and the yellow cells are variables.

http://s22.postimg.org/t6cf64qkh/Untitled.jpg

see here average from 1,2,3,4,5 is 3 but every number is in separate cell.

can i make something like this

http://s22.postimg.org/63lw6yp35/Untitled1.jpg in one cell to type 1,2,3,4,5 and in other excel to calculate average from every number in the cell separate. to be more specific in cell B1 to have the same result 3 - the average of 1,2,3,4,5.

thanks for your time

I usually hate it when people ask why someone wants to do something ( :D), but in this case it might help to know what you want to do, where the data is coming from, and how you want to use it.

For instance, this

=AVERAGE(MID(A1,1,1),MID(A1,2,1),MID(A1,3,1),MID(A1,4,1),MID(A1,5,1))

should get you what you want for "12345", but it's not exactly pretty.

This would work with "45667234"

=AVERAGE(MID(A1,1,1),MID(A1,2,1),MID(A1,3,1),MID(A1,4,1),MID(A1,5,1),MID(A1,6,1),MID(A1,7,1),MID(A1,8,1))

Again, it's not short.

What might be easier is to take the data and split it into cells (maybe using macros? possibly involving the len function? not really sure where the data is coming from...) and then do what HX1 said above.

Edited by glasnost