An impossible PDF to convert or ?!?

smallhagrid

smallhagrid

I hope somebody has an idea of how to get this done...:

I've got an ebook that's a PDF, it huge, like 1400 pages, just text & no pictures.

I want to make it so my ebook reader can use it and that would be best either as an EPUB or just a plain TXT file.

Every tool & trick I've tried on this file failed - converters, printing to text, ebook converter - nothing's worked.

It reads fine in Foxit or Sumatra, but that's all I can do with it and 1400+ pages is too much to sit at the PC and read - I want it for before bed reading.

Any clues for me ??

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smallhagrid

• locolol

• speedy57

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or try "PDF Protection Remover v3.0" i had a similar problem and it worked for me :showoff:

smallhagrid

Thanks Folks.

I tried ALOT of stuff wasted ALOT of time on this and another silly ebook that won't convert.

Tried the online things too - failed.

OCR works, PDF editor works, tried printing a few pages on paper, that works too - just not conversion.

Of course it could be locked some way, so I wonder, any chance of getting an enhanced copy of the PDF Protection Remover ??

(I searched here and via DDG and found only the usual shareware listings of it...)

Thanks.

If you can print and edit file I think it's not password protected, at least for that manipulations.

If it is not private upload that file somewhere and we can try to do job on our computers...

Maybe stupid, but if you can print it then print it to pdf again, and try to use other pdf printer, (use settings which is standard for pdf files) and try again conversion (few pages for start) to wanted format.

Thanks Folks.

I tried ALOT of stuff wasted ALOT of time on this and another silly ebook that won't convert.

Tried the online things too - failed.

OCR works, PDF editor works, tried printing a few pages on paper, that works too - just not conversion.

Of course it could be locked some way, so I wonder, any chance of getting an enhanced copy of the PDF Protection Remover ??

(I searched here and via DDG and found only the usual shareware listings of it...)

Thanks.

you'd better try " PDF Decrypter Pro". Just do search forum,you'll find (med included)

cheers :wub:

EDIT : FYI , homepage : http://www.pdfdecrypter.com/

Edited by syahrial

smallhagrid

Thanks for that pointer H4rDw4rE®.

What a strange situation !!!

If you can print and edit file I think it's not password protected, at least for that manipulations.

If it is not private upload that file somewhere and we can try to do job on our computers...

Maybe stupid, but if you can print it then print it to pdf again, and try to use other pdf printer, (use settings which is standard for pdf files) and try again conversion (few pages for start) to wanted format.

I tried re-printing both difficult files using a really old version of Sonic PDF and it got the bigger one so I could use Epubor on it.

FINALLY !!!

Now how's this for maximum stoopid:

It took around 45 minutes for Epubor to make a good EPUB that opened OK with SumatraPDF - but, fool that I am, once it opened OK the idiot (me) just closed Epubor (portable made with thinstall by somebody) and POOF!!! it deleted where it placed the file.

WAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other file seems not to be converting because it is a scan, with side-by-side pages and is a bit skewed, I think.

Looks like I need to find a full release of Epubor (and actually install it) now so that won't happen again.

The other book is the only one of all the Ernie J. Zelinski books that I could find at all, so maybe I'll have to print it off on actual paper to read it.

Thanks also to Syahrial.

It seems that there is no PW protection involved here.

Just one krappy file and one really huge file and the various programs I ran against them could not handle either file well enough.

I would love it if I could find a download someplace will all of the Ernie J. Zelinski books though, and I probably should find & get that decrypter for when something goofy like this happens again...

Thanks Folks.