Windows 7 gets hang after half an hour use!

Roger D

I don't think AIO Setup may be the problem as I have used this to install in 3-4 systems and no issue like this yet noticed.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then its OK if you've installed it before

• Replies 93
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger D

• johnse7en

• mazigh

• speedy57

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Roger D,

You did not mention the System hardware specification, nor Win 7 (either SP0 or SP1).

As you mention your problem it happens once to me. I have do all the things even install new hard disk, RAM, and even clean processor heat sink but the result same.

The main cause is hardware itself which does not support Win7 (especially SP1).

If the system work perfectly on xp it means Hard disk/RAM/Heat sink are OK, for testing purpose only install Win7 without any software and see when it hangs, if it hangs then restart in safe mode and see when will it hangs.........

I found the same bug in Microsoft security essential version which does not support some hardware.

"Return to normal state after sometime" means windows is busy to do something and believe me you may not find anything in task manager because windows is really busy and can't update task manager!!!! :( .

Not all the systems works perfectly on Win 7. One solution you may install tweak/cut down version of win 7 and the last solution is replace system.... :rolleyes:

As rudrax said, just check the process which may cause this, CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, Windows Task Manager will appear, click on "Show processes of all users", then look carefully for which process eating the CPU power

here is the Task manager snapshot..

13536336.jpg

:angry: :angry:

Actually boot from usb device not supported in that PC, i mean there was no option for usb device in boot priority order.. :(

and Dvd drive is not working, so only one optio is to install from the setup from the hard disk..

but when doing this there was no option like this , now what to do??? :angry:

13536407.jpg

As rudrax said, just check the process which may cause this, CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, Windows Task Manager will appear, click on "Show processes of all users", then look carefully for which process eating the CPU power

13536336.jpg

The process you mentioned is the only one to ignore :D, You have to check when PC hung not when it's normal, and chek CPU % below too to see if it's percentage is high or not, and have to add that RAM (Physical Memory) must be checked too, in a time ago Google chrome had a memory bug on some specific pages.. so I had to check as I stated and end the process causing the hung to avoid PC restart :)

13536336.jpg

The process you mentioned is the only one to ignore :D, You have to check when PC hung not when it's normal, and chek CPU % below too to see if it's percentage is high or not, and have to add that RAM (Physical Memory) must be checked too, in a time ago Google chrome had a memory bug on some specific pages.. so I had to check as I stated and end the process causing the hung to avoid PC restart :)

how to do that if PC is hung?

Now slowly the problem is getting worst.. it is getting hung frequently, sometimes even after 5 min of use.. :angry:

IS DVD-ROM OK?

No.. we can't boot from DVD drive. :angry:

I have simply aborted the installation from setup(As it's not going to change anything) and started windows normally..

now looking for the solution. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IS DVD-ROM OK?

No.. we can't boot from DVD drive. :angry:

I mean is DVD-Rom working and not damage?

it's was not working even in Windows XP..and still not working..

13536336.jpg

Now slowly the problem is getting worst.. it is getting hung frequently, sometimes even after 5 min of use.. :angry:

Even if the PC hung the command CTRL+SHIFT+ESC force Windows to prompt the TAsk Manager and it makes you able to control your PC, try it and you'll see

NB: try to install Process Lasso because it gonna make your PC not hanging so bad as it doesn't allow any process to monopolize your PC power at the highest level (ProBalance)..then do what I told you

Edited by mazigh

Means dvd rom has expired and it is not picking any cd/dvd right?

Here is the system specifications..

13536439.jpg

13536450.jpg

Edited by Roger D

YES!

13536336.jpg

Even if the PC hung the command CTRL+SHIFT+ESC force Windows to prompt the TAsk Manager and it makes you able to control your PC, try it and you'll see

I had tried that but it shows TASK MANAGER IS NOT RESPONDING.. :angry:.

so i could not click on Show processes of all users.. :(

Edited by Roger D

YES!

Can you arrange external dvd-rom? cuz once my friend brought his pc to me and there were no DVD-rom installed on his pc

I have external one and i use that.

YES!

Can you arrange external dvd-rom? cuz once my friend brought his pc to me and there were no DVD-rom installed on his pc

Ya! I can. but this should be the last option.. :rolleyes:

YES!

Do you really think that a clean install will solve the issue? or there is something else going inside? :think: :think:

YES!

Good news you can arrange external dvd rom. It can directly be connected through usb port. Hope it will work for you fine :)

13536336.jpg

I had tried that but it shows TASK MANAGER IS NOT RESPONDING.. :angry:.

so i could not click on Show processes of all users.. :(

Try to install Process Lasso as I stated before above, 2nd proposition is to restart PC, directly after restart (before it hung again lol) Type: Win+R, type "msconfig" go "Startup" and Disable all processes (look carefully and see if a name of app is not normal... especially any process which it's manufacturer is not known) you doubt are making your PC hung

NB: go back to my previous post because I edited it :)

Edited by mazigh

Do you really think that a clean install will solve the issue? or there is something else going inside? :think: :think:

can you PM me system SPEC?

3rd proposition is to start windows in safe mode play with it a little and see if it hungs, if not it's 100% because of a process or a virus =)

Well buddy.. i'll try the tips next day..

now feeling totally tired with this Windows installation shit... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I'll summarize what you should do

1- Install Process Lasso (to make your PC doesn't hung badly)

2- Wait till PC hungs, Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, click on "Show all processes of all users", Watch which process is monopolizing your CPU or RAM power, if found end it and go uninstall the software related to it or just disallow it using Process Lasso

3- If nothing found!, Type: Win+R, type "msconfig" go "Startup" and Disable all processesyou doubt are making your PC hung

4- Scan your system (Hard drives, Especially Drive C because it contains Windows Installation) for errors

5- Scan your RAM for errors

6- if nothing worked, try to install KIS or ESET for a total Scan of your PC

NB: Ok man, have a nice night =)

Edited by mazigh