Windows 7 gets hang after half an hour use!

Roger D

My friend has recently upgraded to Windows 7 Pro on my suggestion. Previously he was using Windows XP on Desktop Computer.

After upgradation the system gets hang frequently after 15 min or sometimes half an hour of use. I suggested him to update the system but the problem still exists even after the updation..

system RAM is 1.25 GB

Any solution?

:( :( :(

Edited by Roger D

• Replies 93
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger D

• johnse7en

• mazigh

• speedy57

Top Posters In This Topic

Monitor the resource uses to see if there's is any process eating the resources like crazy. Check hard drive health. Be sure, there ain't any virus.

• Administrator

Check for minidumps and event viewer too.

Monitor the resource uses to see if there's is any process eating the resources like crazy. Check hard drive health. Be sure, there ain't any virus.

Task manager shows about 60% RAM usage, it's clean install, not much software installed.

Before upgrading to Windows 7 The system was fully scanned With Kaspersky Virus Removal tools, and even after upgradation a fully updated system scan was performed thru MS Security Essentials, so I think there is no chance of viruses.. :)

Check for minidumps and event viewer too.

How to do that? :think:

As rudrax said, just check the process which may cause this, CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, Windows Task Manager will appear, click on "Show processes of all users", then look carefully for which process eating the CPU power

And one more thing..After getting hanged,it stays hanged for 8-10 minutes and then return to normal state.. :rolleyes:

And one more thing..After getting hanged,it stays hanged for 8-10 minutes and then return to normal state.. :rolleyes:

You can check scheduled tasks with Autoruns to see if any scheduled runs for the 8-10 mins. If you can't find the specific one, disable all* the scheduled tasks running there and restart to see effect.

Using Autoruns, you can also see advanced start up entries and all other entries available. Search for things that are not verified by M$.

* = Those M$ permits by default.

Edited by rudrax

This sounds like hardware related....first thing I would check is the ram....do a stress test and see if it crashes then. If not bluescreen of death then I doubt a mini dump file was created. If it frees up after a while then I would check the ram. All windows os's go through a scanning at beginning of boot up and if not enough ram or ram is corrupt then you might face that issue. If you have some more ram laying around I would try that or remove one stick at a time and test. Could be a pain to find the answer but keep trying and you will find the culpret. You might just need more ram added into it (1.25 gigs if that is your total ram might not be enough).

Edited by Cerberus

Use WhatIsHang Utility to check the processes which are causing the conflicts.

You can also use BlueScreenView to scan all your minidump files !!!

Edited by slimrock

Agree with written up. But why upgrade ? Best solution is always format and a new installation. ;)

not actually upgraded, i did a custom install,there wene no option to format so i simply proceeded.. :rolleyes:

We met the same problem,some time ago,after reinstalling the driver of nVidia,the problem was over!!

jimbojet2011

Just format the system

Install and take a look what happens with windows drivers from the beginning

Good luck Mate

not actually upgraded, i did a custom install,there wene no option to format so i simply proceeded.. :rolleyes:

Main cause is RogerD :P You simply proceeded without removing previous windows

There is Format option available

windows-7-install-9.jpg

windows-7-clean-install-A.jpg

yoVEe2y.jpg

hi

problem once happened to me exactly as u explained...

it was the GRAPHICS DRIVER issue...

i uninstalled the driver and installed the hp supplied one, and it was perfect after...

hope this helps...

Airstream_Bill

Create a NEW pagefile (swap file) can not hurt to do this. Let it be System Managed.

Edited by Airstream_Bill

The complete and secure order of formatting: Boot with Acronis Disk Director > delete all partitions > format the partition > Wipe it > Now boot with windows disk and install.

This is what I call a clean instal.

......Courtesy of dcs18

Main cause is RogerD :P You simply proceeded without removing previous windows

There is Format option available

windows-7-clean-install-A.jpg

Well.. my friend did not notice the option....

I will prefer the Clean install again... :)

The problem was between the keyboard and chair.

ha ha haa..lol. :) :D

but that was not the problem.. :nono: :nono: :nono: