Way to upgrade a Sony Vaio's OS?

insanedown58

insanedown58

My sister has a clunky Windows 7 Sony Vaio Y Series PC and she wants me to upgrade it to Windows 8 since she enjoyed the experience when she used mine once. I was looking for ways but all I found was the recovery thing. My problem here basically is, how do I get the drivers so that the buttons (like the Vaio Panic Button on the top right corner of the keyboard) will work just like its supposed to.

• Replies 1
  • Views 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sony's download page for the laptop she has should have downloads for Windows 8 if they have certified the machine for Windows 8, which gives all the functionalities back you desire on the machine to work.....

If not, the Windows 7 driver kits they offer may work on Windows 8

I should advise this as well... make sure you run the Windows 8 Upgrade Advisor that MS offers, since theres a few new system requirements for Windows 8 that the machines need to have and the following are the newer requirements for Windows 8:

The minimum system requirements for Windows 8 are slightly higher than those of Windows 7. The CPU must support the Physical Address Extension (PAE), NX bit, and SSE2. Windows Store apps require a screen resolution of 1024×768 or higher to run. They require a screen resolution of 1366×768 or higher for snap functionality.

As far as the OS install itsself is actually concerned, this should be done via clean fresh format install obviously for no conflicts at post-installs

Archived