WarpDisk: I Decided To Try It

mlauzon

Yes, I am bringing this up, I know the other topic was closed, but that is because the OP of that thread was looking for keys for the program. I am not interested in getting a key, or buying the app. I currently use IOBit's Smart Defrag 2 on my desktop computer.

So, I decided to try it [WarpDisk] after seeing it mentioned on here and one other site, although I think it's the developer who's spamming the various forums on the Web with his software, I uninstalled Smart Defrag 2 on my laptop, my laptop specs are as follows:

Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz (w/ Turbo Boost 3.3GHz); I've seen it go higher than that.

nVIDIA GeForce GT 640M

Intel HD4000

8GB DDR3 RAM

750GB HDD; there are two of them, both 750GB to make 1.5TB, C: is the OS drive, etc, while D: is just a storage drive.

It is faster than Smart Defrag in certain cases, although to get to that point does in fact take some time, and it did shave about 5 seconds off the startup. Would I buy it because of that, no, when there are a lot of free alternatives that do what WarpDisk claims it's the only one that can do it.

I do plan on doing aftermarket upgrades to this laptop after the warranty expires, replacing the C: drive with an SSD, and moving the storage drive to something bigger like 1TB or higher, putting in 32GB of DDR3 RAM, etc.

If anyone else wants to try it, you can find it here:

http://www.warpdrivesoftware.com/Products

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's because no one cares about this app [WarpDisk], and the paid alternatives are cracked almost right away when a new version comes out. But, like I said, I use IOBit's Smart Defrag 2 on my desktop and it works.

Yeah, but they use different aproaches, i would like to have this one :)

It costs €7.79, you're telling me you can't afford that..?!

Well.... I actually can, but i don't want to, and since i'm currently without an international credit card, i can't buy it even if i want to.

I'm currently living in Brazil and the banks will not issue you an international credit/debit card when you open your bank account, so i have to wait a couple of months before i can return to my online shopping needs. :)

Yes, this country is retarded in many aspects..... Sorry Brazilian folks. You know its true :)

Well, then run the free-trial, it's what I'm doing on my laptop, and yes, it's the full version of the software, so no features are missing.

Archived