Sounding,How do you use Windows 8?

Mr Orus

Although Microsoft created Windows 8 with touch devices in mind, there weren’t actually all that many Windows friendly touch screen PCs and tablets available at launch.

Since then of course, every manufacturer -- including Microsoft -- has rolled out devices designed to take advantage of the touch features built into the OS. We’ve seen regular PCs with touch screens, tablets, hybrids, and all manner of weird and wonderful variations.

The future, whether you like it or not, is clearly touch, which makes me wonder what the current state of play is. If you’re a Windows 8 user (or Windows 8.1 for that matter), how do you use the operating system? Do you have a regular PC, a touch screen PC, or a tablet?

And if you don't currently have a touch device, are you thinking of getting one in the near future?

Just answer the simple poll, and tell me your thoughts on touch in the comments below.

Do you use Windows 8 on a touch screen device?

Original Article

• Replies 5
  • Views 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use my Windows 8 on a high-end, well configured and meticulously maintained desktop (a Tower.) My rig and all embellishments thereof return me the highest degree of computing pleasure . . . . . . . . . as evident from my posts.

I did have some rare opportunities of installing & configuring a clone of my entire setup onto TouchScreen capable units - however, took the extreme step of disabling all TouchScreen components & modules of Windows 8 (even on those TouchScreen capable hardware boasting of motion sensors.)

Today, I realize that most people who are not very satisfied with their Windows 8 setup, committed one of the gravest blunders - the cardinal sin of failing to disable the TouchScreen capabilities of Windows 8 plus some other features useless on hardware that does not have TouchScreen capabilities.

Similar to dcs18, mine is (was) a high-end desktop - without any touch surfaces, with the exception of my Wacom tablet. I really only use Win8 (Windows in general) for 'PC only' games and digital editing; everything else is on the Ubuntu side.

Just answer the simple poll, and tell me your thoughts on touch in the comments below.

Where's the poll? Moved to software chat.

Where's the poll? Moved to software chat.

you have to vote .. then you'll come out the survey "posted in the Security & Privacy News because I did not know where to put it in as an argument. thanks jala ..." ;)

Archived