Windows 8.1 to be invaded by ads within Bing search results

nsane.forums

7 users miss nothing compared to 8

Aero glass? Start Menu? Details pane? Lot of things that I for one miss. Yes, they can be brought back, and that's what I've done, but still, I miss the originality, goodness and the feel of Windows 7, which Windows 8 completely lacks.

i think you misread my post, It's "7 users miss nothing compared to 8", not "8 users miss nothing compared to 7".. 7 users already enjoy everything they can in win8 and much more, it's 8 that lacks these features as you described, heck, even creating a simple wifi adhoc network is a mess in 8.. :(

• Replies 28
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah one thing suck about 8 tho.

(not their fault though, other companies responsibility to update their software)

(Since people bought it from them nor Pirate it)

BUT if your just a casual computer user like the most people and me

(College App Tools, multimedia DLs and Office tools and etc. -don't make stuff complicated, you know what im talking bout.)

that wouldn't make a difference.

:)

Yeah, feel ya.

like AUTOCAD2012 wont support 8 so i have to go back to 7 just a couple of months ago.

but waited and got AUTOCAD2013 which supports 8 features.

yeah, that developers fault, but i think they themselves don't like win8, i remember having my symbian modding drivers ready under 2-3 months of win7 launch, coz people demanded it, for win8, shift has been slow, so the modders also aren't bothering them much, even for android..

For casual users, it's OK, but still some quirks, like the wifi adhoc one, or like i hate it when i click on bluetooth icon in notification area, and it pushes me to metro interface with all bluetooth devices, with no advanced option available rather than just to remove the bluetooth connection, it'll be ok in touch devices, like in tablet or a phone, but on a desktop??? geez, i have to manually open devices and printers for that now.. :(

• Administrator

i think you misread my post, It's "7 users miss nothing compared to 8", not "8 users miss nothing compared to 7".. 7 users already enjoy everything they can in win8 and much more, it's 8 that lacks these features as you described, heck, even creating a simple wifi adhoc network is a mess in 8.. :(

Ah, I see. Sorry, I misread it. :)

MidnightDistortions

It makes no difference whether Windows 7 will be the first one to no longer be supported vs upgrading to Windows 8. You're only adding a few years, depending on how much you spend on upgrading. It's a viable move though if you're on XP still. The only reason i see to upgrade is if the OS you want has a feature your current OS doesn't have or it's no longer being supported. Otherwise you're pretty much spending money on upgrading every few years just to have the latest OS. It's a waste of money IMO considering Windows 7 alone was like $200+ and then buying either a OS build, or a whole new computer within a few years and i don't believe in doing OS upgrades, i prefer full installations so i have my old OS to fall back on if something goes wrong.

Archived