Weird Windows 7 Bug

insanedown58

insanedown58

This bug has awkwardly been on every Windows 7 PC I have used. What happens is, when I pan on the Taskbar (to say press the start button) it always gets stuck and it shows the name pop-up. It happens randomly.

kz7aoxD.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must keep your windows and drivers updated.. :yes:

I have been using windows 7 for many years but never experienced the issue.. :thumbsup:

• What's your system specifications, in detail?
  • What flavor of Windows 7 are you having this problem with?

insanedown58

You must keep your windows and drivers updated.. :yes:

I have been using windows 7 for many years but never experienced the issue.. :thumbsup:

All drivers and Windows up-to-date.

insanedown58
  • What's your system specifications, in detail?
  • What flavor of Windows 7 are you having this problem with?

AMD A4-5300 APU

4GB of RAM

AMD Radeon 7480D IGP

80GB of HDD Space

Gigabyte F2A75M-HD2 Rev 1.0 Motherboard

Realtek HD Audio

Realtek Network Driver

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

OK, did you try enabling the following:-

• Thumbnail Previews
  • Image file thumbnail previews
  • Thumbnail on network folders

insanedown58

• Thumbnail Previews

Yup!

• Thumbnail Previews

Yup!

In that case, there seems to be something terribly amiss on your system - when thumbnail is enabled, tooltips should not be visible.

insanedown58

• Thumbnail Previews

Yup!

In that case, there seems to be something terribly amiss on your system - when thumbnail is enabled, tooltips should not be visible.

All Windows 7 PCs that I have used has that thing. Is it an installation problem? Because if it is then there are a crap load of mis-installs.

All Windows 7 PCs that I have used has that thing. Is it an installation problem? Because if it is then there are a crap load of mis-installs.

It shouldn't be an installation issue - thumbnails are enabled, by default (some misconfiguration / conflict with a program could be the cause of those tooltips.) :dunno:

insanedown58

It shouldn't be an installation issue - thumbnails are enabled, by default (some misconfiguration / conflict with a program could be the cause of those tooltips.) :dunno:

Hmm... who could possibly the culprit? I didn't double-install by accident the mobo drivers so could it be the currently installed programs?

I've had this happen to me too, though I haven't encountered it in a long time. Usually logging out and logging in again fixes it, at least until it happens again. :unsure:

Give us a list of what programs you

• Thumbnail Previews

Yup!

Not true.

Thumbnails only show for programs that are running and have a thumbnail to see. The tool-tip is shown for programs that have been pinned on taskbar but not running.

@ OP

What programs do you have installed and how did you check if your drivers are upto date?

nope,never face like this prob...

are u useing genuine windows ? or some edited(modified one).

I have a similar issue with Win7 x64 Ultimate; my issue is with random right-menu options sticking to the desktop. They sit on the very first layer of the screen... in front of full-screen video... but playing a game will remove it. I blame nVidia drivers, but now I am not so sure. Any ideas?

- Asus Z77-WS with 32GB and Intel i7-3770

- LSI RAID controller

- RT Audio / Intel NICs

- GTX660ti

- All drivers and Windows Updates are current.

Its random, and can screen grab it... just rebooted so its not here ... for now.

Cheers.

Yep, is this the genuine thing, or not? :rolleyes: :)

Hmm... who could possibly the culprit? I didn't double-install by accident the mobo drivers so could it be the currently installed programs?

I have a similar issue with Win7 x64 Ultimate; my issue is with random right-menu options sticking to the desktop. They sit on the very first layer of the screen... in front of full-screen video... but playing a game will remove it. I blame nVidia drivers, but now I am not so sure. Any ideas?

Can you guys try executing the following command using an elevated CMD:-

SFC /ScanNow

Make your own toolbar, like XP style, perhaps it resolve the problem.

http://i.imgur.com/yhfNVKp.png

You can create a toolbar

- Right-click taskbar
- hover toolbars
- new toolbar

You can select a folder to include in the folder. Now if you would like to have the look of XP or Vista follow these instructions:

Create your toolbar, if you want to standard items in toolbar for the folder use: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Otherwise, you can select what you want in the toolbar

After you have completed the toolbar, make sure your taskbar is unlocked. Right click your new toolbar and uncheck Show Title & Text. Next look to the left of your pinned icons and grab the dotted divider and drag to the right past your new quick launch toolbar and drop. Grab the same divider and drag to the left.

You can drag all the way and have the arrows to open the programs in the toolbar or simply leave them on the taskbar.

Lock your toolbar again!

This bug has awkwardly been on every Windows 7 PC I have used. What happens is, when I pan on the Taskbar (to say press the start button) it always gets stuck and it shows the name pop-up. It happens randomly.

kz7aoxD.jpg

I think I figured it out... If there is no active window open for the icon you are hoovering over, it is going to show the tool tip. Open up an IE instance the re-hoover over the icon and the tool tip should go way.

This Bug is strange; but I don,t have this problem with my work p.c. with this O.S. - Strange!!! :blink:

• Administrator

kz7aoxD.jpg

I think I figured it out... If there is no active window open for the icon you are hoovering over, it is going to show the tool tip. Open up an IE instance the re-hoover over the icon and the tool tip should go way.

Yup. Do the above and let us know if it happens.

Archived