[Solved] Windows 8 problem

AlienForce1

From X.P. PRO 32 BIT TO WINDOWS 7 64 PRO for me, used it on work P.C. & WIN7 no problems so far and stable :rolleyes: :)

• Replies 53
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PC = DELL Optiplex GX280 SFF , CPU Pentium 4 , 2.8GHz with hyperthreading , 2GB RAM DDR2 , 160GB HDD

This might be a little low on specs, but that,s just my madness talking :rolleyes:

i had this problem too, googling it gave me that TiWorker.exe is windows update manager, high usage is caused due to this process compressing the windows updates downloaded till it finishes..

What i did was to empty the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ directory and voila, my problem was solved as there was nothing to compress for it.. :P

It was a bug in recent windows updates..

AlienForce1

i had this problem too, googling it gave me that TiWorker.exe is windows update manager, high usage is caused due to this process compressing the windows updates downloaded till it finishes..

What i did was to empty the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ directory and voila, my problem was solved as there was nothing to compress for it.. :P

It was a bug in recent windows updates..

Unfortunately I saw your advice too late -> I already refreshed the PC .

In fact , I`m so mad that I didn`t have a litle more patience that I`m going to format and reinstall from the scratch .

(at least I have a backup of activation for windows and office)

I`ll try to remember your advice , just in case ...

Thank you all for your support !

Archived