Windows Vista question

AlienForce1

AlienForce1

I downloaded from a torrent (posted by november_ra1n , if I remember well ) a few Windows Vista .iso -s and now I want to burn them to DVD , but I don`t know what to use :

en_windows_vista_enterprise_sp2_x64_dvd_342332.iso (2.98 GB)

or

en_windows_vista_enterprise_x64_dvd_vl_x13-17316.iso (2.52 GB)

-> my question is what`s the difference between these two ?

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first one seems to slipstreamed Service Pack 2 into the ISO file but the second file looks that it does not contain SP2, the file size also approve this. :)

Supremo Phantom

not sure why you would still want to use Vista, it is NOT a good OS.

anyways:

File Name: en_windows_vista_enterprise_x64_dvd_vl_x13-17316.iso
Languages: English
SHA1: 3b55166cb5c6aa61d4d53190c271bed0bf0aa961

this was the very first version with Release Date: 11/30/2006

and ..

File Name: en_windows_vista_enterprise_sp2_x64_dvd_342332.iso
SHA1: B1A450ABBE43D7843CA502964C1E8E3CC7DCBFC5

this is the latest version with Release Date: 5/12/2009

so if you are planning to keep the latest copy only, use the one with SP2.

Why not just upgrade to Windows 7? Vista turned out to be trash anyways... if your computer came with Windows Vista originally, you most likely can upgrade to Windows 7

AlienForce1

not sure why you would still want to use Vista, it is NOT a good OS.

anyways:

File Name: en_windows_vista_enterprise_x64_dvd_vl_x13-17316.iso

SHA1: 3b55166cb5c6aa61d4d53190c271bed0bf0aa961

this was the very first version with Release Date: 11/30/2006

and ..

File Name: en_windows_vista_enterprise_sp2_x64_dvd_342332.iso

SHA1: B1A450ABBE43D7843CA502964C1E8E3CC7DCBFC5

this is the latest version with Release Date: 5/12/2009

so if you are planning to keep the latest copy only, use the one with SP2.

Thank you very much for your answer .

And , no - I`m that mad to install today Vista (when we have Windows 8 and 7 B) ) ... I just want to archive these Vista DVD-s and delete the .iso -s from my laptop (this way I recover ~ 50GB) .

You do not do anything with them also in the future, if you just do not want to open a museum. So You will save even more, when destroy permanently. And then try to forget about this accident quickly. Do not worry about it much.

AlienForce1

You do not do anything with them also in the future, if you just do not want to open a museum. So You will save even more, when destroy permanently. And then try to forget about this accident quickly. Do not worry about it much.

You will be surprised to know that last month I installed 4 systems (PC and laptops) with Vista SP2 (at client`s requests)...

You will be surprised to know that last month I installed 4 systems (PC and laptops) with Vista SP2 (at client`s requests)...

This is quite surprising since everyone I know who used Vista just hated it after using it for like 6 months tops... they then requested me to come upgrade them to Windows 7 real quickly after finding out how much better 7 was over Vista (its like 20x better... honestly)

Note that they had computers that originally came with Vista pre-installed of course!

Yaa..surprised to know that some still prefer to use Windows Vista.. :omg: :omg: :omg:

Yaa..surprised to know that some still prefer to use Windows Vista.. :omg: :omg: :omg:

Sure is odd.... since Windows 7 is like 20x better and does not crash often :)

BUT if you think about it... Windows 7 wouldn't ever exist if we didn't have Vista first

@ LiLmEgZ & Roger D

LOLz you're right about Vista - but, have personally come across Customers (especially) Elderly citizens who are adamant about their existing OS. :lol:

AlienForce1

@ LiLmEgZ & Roger D

LOLz you're right about Vista - but, have personally come across Customers (especially) Elderly citizens who are adamant about their existing OS. :lol:

Another thing you all are forgetting is the license (a company HAVE to use genuine lic. , in case of control, the fines are very high ...) and they didn`t want more expenses for now (even if I explained that very soon they will have to upgrade OS)

(Windows Vista had to be reinstalled after severe virus damage)

@ LiLmEgZ & Roger D

Another thing you all are forgetting is the license (a company HAVE to use genuine lic. , in case of control, the fines are very high ...) and they didn`t want more expenses for now (even if I explained that very soon they will have to upgrade OS)

Those kind of Vista Users are the easier ones to handle since installation of (for example) Windows 8 brings complete (and permanent) legitimacy - it's the Sentimentalist Vista Users who are difficult.

Edit:

Such Users (who are sticking to Vista due to legitimacy) can also be easily migrated to Windows 7 (in case of BIOS modding - not the Daz loader, which can be easily disproved.)

AlienForce1

Those kind of Vista Users are the easier ones to handle since installation of (for example) Windows 8 brings complete (and permanent) legitimacy - it's the Sentimentalist Vista Users who are difficult.

Edit:

Such Users (who are sticking to Vista due to legitimacy) can also be easily migrated to Windows 7 (in case of BIOS modding - not the Daz loader, which can be easily disproved.)

If BSA comes to control your PC-s you have to show them the lic. you are using (and it would be wise in that case to have genuine lic.) - do you think that you could say : `Sorry guys , I don`t use genuine Windows lic. , I moded my bios ` :P ?

Edit:

If BSA comes to control your PC-s you have to show them the lic. you are using (and it would be wise in that case to have genuine lic.) - do you think that you could say : `Sorry guys , I don`t use genuine Windows lic. , I moded my bios ` :P ?

Back where we come from we do not have BSA or any other institution, policing the software we've installed - a BIOS mod validates licensing & activation at basic Customer level on the Microsoft Genuine page. :)

• Administrator

I'll like to remind you to make sure it's properly updated and your clients know that Vista's support from Microsoft is far less than of XP or Windows 7. Meaning, sooner or later, for the sake of security, they'll have to upgrade.

AlienForce1

I'll like to remind you to make sure it's properly updated and your clients know that Vista's support from Microsoft is far less than of XP or Windows 7. Meaning, sooner or later, for the sake of security, they'll have to upgrade.

Post 13 : Another thing you all are forgetting is the license (a company HAVE to use genuine lic. , in case of control, the fines are very high ...) and they didn`t want more expenses for now (even if I explained that very soon they will have to upgrade OS)

Archived