NET-Framework 4.5

Pete 12

For what reasons should we update from NET-framework 4.0 to 4.5 ?? Cost you a lot of diskspace and really neccesary?

My framework-services are always off and on manual,never any problems with them, so whats the use of it anyway??

And why does Windows-Update not offer this framework 4.5??

Can someone explain this??

Will install ,if its really an improvement of the system (Win7 x64 SP1)

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because some 3th party app´s need it and other 3th party apps don´t.

about windows update for the same reason.

Purple Trail

You can't be serious about taking a lot of space by today's standards. The .NET Framework 4.5 Standalone Installer has only 48 MB. Of course when installed it probably takes more space, but still, there is nothing to worry about unless you have a small boot partition and/or you are running low on disk space.

I don't think there is really any need to update to 4.0/4.5 unless you have applications that require it. I personally am still using .NET Framework 3.5 that shipped with Windows 7 (with the latest security updates).

I see,thank you, will not install this 4.5-version,no need to.

It takes more space after updating it with Windows-updates,so 4.5-install then the updates, about 100 Mb.

It does not make your system faster , so we stick with the 4.0-version, unless there must be a good reason to update it to the 4.5-version.

You can replace .net 4 with 4.5 and you can save space if you use my rebuilt installer (saves 100+ MB because of better MZZ/CAB compression) or my slim installer (saves 200+ MB because setup junk is removed)

Not to mention the space you save by having the updates integrated, this saves more space because you don't have any of the MSP files in %WinDir%\Installer

Today with SSD's becoming the norm there is more need for these repacks that get rid of unnecessary the junk. I have other repacks in that sub-forum (like adobe & vmware lite) you should also have a look at.

Archived