Should I go for 32-Bit or 64-Bit?

insanedown58

chlorophyll

k done i wil install 64 bit 2morro

n i ahve no problems with drivers.as i have online dell 64 bit drivers from their website

n that too i use KIS 2013.i think its 64 bit compatible too.no separate download required i think for 64bit to install kis2013

thanks guys

have a nice day n happy weekend

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chlorophyll

i had hardware virtualization LOCKED ON STATUS

wat does this mean?shall i install 64bit safe?

SnakeMasteR

Locked On should mean enabled and you may not be able to change those settings in e.g. the BIOS. Hardware Virtualization was required if you wanna use Windows 7 Virtual PC (XP Mode) but that has been changed with an Microsoft Update (KB977206), so it's no longer a requirement for it. Check here and here.

Like I posted in a status, I am moving back to Windows 7. Now, I have this thing going on where I can't decide if I should go 32 or 64. Here's my system:

AMD A4-5300 3.4 GHz (64-bit supported Processor)

4 GB of RAM

80 GB of HDD Space

I don't plan to upgrade my RAM anytime soon. (Maybe in 2 years)

you aim to achieve a lot with very little (hard disk space that is :D)

for those people with more than 4GB (or more) memory, you cannot use/access all of it under a 32-bit operating system so all that memory will be going to waste. 64-bit is the way to go. I've been using 64-bit without any hassles/troubles/issues on multiple systems (desktops and laptops)

90-95% of 32-bit softwares work in 64-bit OS. With exception of security softwares (AV / FW, etc.) and drivers, for which, you need 64-bit version of them.

Most of the x32-bit security systems (and a few drivers, too) run on a 64-bit OS - makes no sense, though (that's a different story.) ;)

chlorophyll

I would go for X86 cuz the sweet spot aka G-Spot is with 8GB :lol:

y cant u try MEDIAINFO

hi frens.give suggestion for me too..

am running w7 ultimate

500gb HDD

4gb ram

intel corei3 processor 2.20 ghz processor

now am running a 32 bit version.thinking for fresh install within a couple of days.now tel me shall i install 64 bit ?

i doubt whether all softwares which r compatible with 32 bit wil run cool on 64 bit?

thank u

Yes... this system should be on Windows 7 64bit Edition... you will be totally unable to utilize all of your system RAM w/o 64bit version of Windows installed (however its unlikely you will ever use all 4GB but you never know when you need it for acting like a reserve for a project)

BTW My one friend did the same thing after he bought his new laptop..... he kept on running 32bit Windows after upgrading his base RAM from 2GB to 4GB... seemed pointless to me but we corrected this issue after Windows 7 came out (his laptop came with 32bit Vista on it originally tho so we had to wait for Win7's release)

you will find your answers in this thread only. all (or at least almost all) 32-bit software are compatible with 64-bit Windows. plus you will be able to utilize all 4 GB of your memory with 64-bit which you most definitely cannot do with 32-bit...

you will find your answers in this thread only. all (or at least almost all) 32-bit software are compatible with 64-bit Windows. plus you will be able to utilize all 4 GB of your memory with 64-bit which you most definitely cannot do with 32-bit...

Yep this is very true... you can run pretty much ANY program you desire on 64bit Windows... as long as its compatible with Windows 7 or newer

Archived