ISO Files...Any way to "fix" them?

locoJoe

Hello, I dnlded an ISO file from a non-resumable link. The file got to 99% then the dnld stalled. I was able to get the file from the sandbox and move it into my dnlds directory. Unfortunatly tho the file does not open. Ive tried several ISO editing programs like UltraISO with no results. Since ISO's contents are normally extractable using Winrar Ive tried changing the file extension to .zip and .rar to see if Advanced Zip Repair or Winrar could fix it for me with no luck at all. I trust the source and beleive this is a good file its just that it got cut off at 99%. It was a big dnld from a slow source and I really dont want to re-dnld it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimbojet2011

a hex editor and some knowledge of the file structure+ specifications might get you what you need if it is an irreplaceable piece.

if it's not unique....just download it again!

here's....maybe much more than you need to know

http://www.osta.org/specs/pdf/udf201.pdf

and here's a lot of info that can be useful

http://wiki.osdev.org/ISO_9660

sorry, no one click extract solutions. just in case you need-want to get your hands dirty

stylemessiah

Don't risk it - download the file afresh. ;)

Im with dcs18 on this one

You'll spend more time on this trying to fix it than just downloading it again....

ISO is in simple terms a container, and youre unlikely to repair it as easily say an .rar file.....as mentioned hex editing is going to be possibly the only way

IsoBuster as mentioned already is your best bet without hex editing if you ignore the sane approach of downloading it again

Personally i dont ever download big files form non-resumable links, ive been through what you have a few times myself :)

When you right click for the file properties do you get " PART File (.part) " If so try to mount the ISO with Daimon Tools and cross your fingers...

I had a similar problem while downloading two DLCs for Assassins Creed 3 using Firefox built in downloader: SGDUFB9.jpg

I was still able to mount them after associating them with Daimon Tools.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

It sucks to get Blown away from a non resumable download link when your file is almost completed ... But Its better to be safe than later sorry ... My gut says to start afresh and try to redownload that file than trying to fix a broken/incompleted download .. So sorry dear .. i feel your pain .... Cheers .... :mellow: :mellow:

Archived