Help me choose a laptop brand

LjubeGVG

What are you order of best brand of laptop. I'm want to buy a laptop. If you can explain why that's your choice. Thanks :)

• Replies 35
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depends on your needs from your use ... use it for work for fun.?!? there are brands and brands. like cars.

I go for Laptops, that meeds the need and that I can aford :rolleyes: :)

IMHO - Lenovo & Toshiba are a cut above the rest of the crowd. Dell's reasonably rugged & has been good for my clients for ordinary business needs, but it's usually no great value. Look for a good 2nd hand Dell if its just business. ASUS & ACER seem delicate at any price.

Before you buy a laptop, just notice a important thing and the thing is some manufacturers restricts driver updates for individual devices direct from manufacturer's site. They want the drivers of individual devices to be downloaded from their site only for a successful update but the problem is the driver available in their site is way old than the current device driver in manufacturer's site. Currently, Sony, Dell, Toshiba and HP are know for this issue.

Add Samsung to the list of vendors that don't update their drivers and block manufacturers updates.

that would be because they want to ensure nothing screws up when you update...ie..compatibility with all other stuff on that notebook when you update a driver???

What are you order of best brand of laptop. I'm what to buy a laptop. If you can explain why that's your choose. Thanks :)

Most people get screwed because they make a choice of purchase based on brands - I'd suggest shifting focus from brands to models.

But before that, you need to describe your requirements - you'll anyways get screwed if you buy a laptop based on my suggestion (extravagant) or based on someone else's suggestion who is probably a Gamer.

Before making suggestions - one needs to understand your basic requirements of the laptop you intend to buy as also your budget.

LazyPotato

Please specify this points below

• Your antivirus that you'll use and other security stuff (for example,if you've budget and you're paranoid,you can use OAP + WSA + EAM) You'll need a better PC than Windows XP as OS and Pentium I.
  • Are you a gamer?
  • What's your budget?
  • What OS you want? that old crappy XP or kickass se7en? Tip : don't buy Windows 8,I'm currently cleaning machine of a person who has windows 8 in their PC
  • Which softwares you wanna run?

Tip : don't buy Windows 8,I'm currently cleaning machine of a person who has windows 8 in their PC

Have been roaming the largest flea market of Asia (for the past 3 days - have purchased 3 PCs for one of my Customers) - new laptops no longer ship with Windows 7, here (the only pre-installed Microsoft OS available for new laptops ATM, is Windows 8.) :(

LazyPotato
Tip : don't buy Windows 8,I'm currently cleaning machine of a person who has windows 8 in their PC

Have been roaming the largest flea market of Asia (for the past 3 days - have purchased 3 PCs for one of my Customers) - new laptops no longer ship with Windows 7, here (the only pre-installed Microsoft OS available for new laptops ATM, is Windows 8.) :(

Yeah...Kinda sucks for Asia that how new laptops come with Windows 8,not seven...Wait,you don't have a USB device? pffttt -- What kinda tech you are? You should stick with at least 4 USBs,one for OS,2 for tools,3 for image recovering softwares and 4 for optimization software (we need to get client's PC running like a new after malware cleanup,don't we?)

Wait,you don't have a USB device? pffttt

What kinda tech you are? You should stick with at least 4 USBs,one for OS,2 for tools,3 for image recovering softwares and 4 for optimization software

What are you talking about? Do you have any idea of the kinda exhaustive equipment that I employ? One apartment of mine is utilized as an exclusive server available 24/7 just for Customer Service. :huh:

You seem to have jumped to a lot of conclusions. :wtf:

LazyPotato

Wait,you don't have a USB device? pffttt

What kinda tech you are? You should stick with at least 4 USBs,one for OS,2 for tools,3 for image recovering softwares and 4 for optimization software

What are you talking about? Do you have any idea of the kinda exhaustive equipment that I employ? One apartment of mine is utilized as an exclusive server available 24/7 just for Customer Service. :huh:

You seem to have jumped to a lot of conclusions. :wtf:

No -- Looks like I'm confused,I meant,you COULD install Windows 7 in the client's PC. Or am I getting you wrong?

Tweety.Abd

Before you buy a laptop, just notice a important thing and the thing is some manufacturers restricts driver updates for individual devices direct from manufacturer's site. They want the drivers of individual devices to be downloaded from their site only for a successful update but the problem is the driver available in their site is way old than the current device driver in manufacturer's site. Currently, Sony, Dell, Toshiba and HP are know for this issue.

I used Dell, Toshiba and HP and I were able to download and install (video) drivers from the original manufacturers (both nVidia & AMD) with no issues..

LazyPotato
No -- Looks like I'm confused,I meant,you COULD install Windows 7 in the client's PC. Or am I getting you wrong?

It already had Windows 7.

Nvm I forgot about it. Plus,off-topic,but I disagree that Windows 8 is better than 7. It's like saying Vista is better than XP (not talking about visuals here) just cause it had released later and it had UAC.

I disagree that Windows 8 is better than 7.

I'm afraid Windows 8 is not suitable for you. :nono:

Before you even begin to start an off-topic debate on Windows - you'll need to not only learn about Windows 8 - you'll need to also learn about your beloved Windows 7 (don't forget - I use both.)

BTW, your disagreement about Windows 8 is not gonna change my Customers mind - he is not a n00b. :coolwink:

I advice for dell xps 12 notebook...i7...flap one...because configuration wise it is excellent and it is laptop come tablet (with touch) i.e. if needed screen can be flip to make the whole laptop turns into touch pad...

depends on your needs from your use ... use it for work for fun.?!? there are brands and brands. like cars.

please can you explain?

LazyPotato

Before you even begin to start an off-topic debate on Windows - you'll need to not only learn about Windows 8 - you'll need to also learn about your beloved Windows 7 (don't forget - I use both.)

BTW, your disagreement about Windows 8 is not gonna change my Customers mind - he is not a n00b. :coolwink:

Look here -> Windows 8 not immune to Ransomeware and here

One thing one should look for when buying a laptop is , how easy it is to remove the hard drive / memory / wireless card . I mean look at the back of any unit and see how many screws you need to remove to get at these hardwares , hardware in general . Some manufacturers make it hard to get at it while others make it very easy . I have 2 Asus laptops and its very easy to remove the hard drive and the memory . Though I like Toshiba laptops as well . Acer I'm not to thrill about .

LazyPotato

:troll:Y U NO CLICK ME?

What are you order of best brand of laptop. I'm what to buy a laptop. If you can explain why that's your choose. Thanks :)

Most people get screwed because they make a choice of purchase based on brands - I'd suggest shifting focus from brands to models.

But before that, you need to describe your requirements - you'll anyways get screwed if you buy a laptop based on my suggestion (extravagant) or based on someone else's suggestion who is probably a Gamer.

Before making suggestions - one needs to understand your basic requirements of the laptop you intend to buy as also your bu

no for the configuration I want, but which brands are better, best sellers that kind or stuff, other user experience

• 15.6" HD Display
  • Intel Core i3 or i5
  • 4 or 8 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500 GB or better HDD, maybe a SSD
  • nVidia GeForce GT 635M or GT 740M

LazyPotato

Before making suggestions - one needs to understand your basic requirements of the laptop you intend to buy as also your bu

no for the configuration I want, but which brands are better, best sellers that kind or stuff, other user experience

• 15.6" HD Display
  • Intel Core i3 or i5
  • 4 or 8 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500 GB or better HDD, maybe a SSD
  • nVidia GeForce GT 635M or GT 740M

Go with i5 (if you can afford it)

8 GB DDR3 RAM

Hum...if you don't download much,a 300GB disk will be fine

nvIdia Geforce GT635M (anything would be good,but nvIdea has backwards logic,as the number decreases,the product power increases,nvIdeea GT 635M is 1000^ better than 9400GT...)

My OWN personal spec (I don't game on THIS computer,it's my main PC for banking and browsing and accesing teh internetz)

• 2.80 GHz 2 DUO core clocked to 3.0 GHz
  • 3 GB of RAM
  • 100 GB of diskspace
  • Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (complexly tweaked)

Gaming PC :

• 3.80 GHz i7
  • 10 GB of RAM
  • 1TB of disk
  • Windows 7 Ultimate (tweaked) SP1 with no antivirus,anti-malware or anti-spyware,no process monitor or any security software. Just windows firewall and MSE

Forgot which fan I have. I'll edit my post later.

Note : By 'tweaking' I also mean security tweaking and performance tweaking,currently,I'm planing to buy WSA Complete 2013 -- So I need more performance tweaking. Which I'm working on.

Archived