Unable to Receive Email in Outlook via Phone Tethering

AeonFulx

Hi all!

I recently encouter a problem with my work email on Outlook when I'm connected to mobile hotspot. I frequetly travel out and require to receive email from client, hence I would use my mobile phone as hotspot to connect into internet and send/receive email.

I have no problem with Sending but I can't Receive mail while on tethering. However, I do not have any problem when I'm doing that on home Wifi or office network.

I had tried to enable "Require Logon using SPA', using SSL for my incoming server (Port 995) and even just simply change from Port 110 to 111 and I'm still unable to Receive.

Here's the error message I received:

Task 'pop.mydomain.com - Receving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook cannot detect your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you contuine to receive this meddage, contact your sever adminstratior or Internet Service Provider (ISP).'

Any expert here will solve my problem? (:

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which e-mail service Provider are you using (for eg - Yahoo!, Gmail, etc., etc?)

Which e-mail service Provider are you using (for eg - Yahoo!, Gmail, etc., etc?)

My company own domain. (:

Ah, I see - your SMTP seems to be configured right (I'd check your POP3 settings - also verify whether you've configured for IMAP instead of POP3, by mistake.)

Yes I'm using POP3 setting.

smtp: mail.domain.com

Incoming: pop.domain.com

These settings have no problem receiving email while connecting to my home wifi.

Edit: I thought I uploaded an image.

2nav5eg.jpg

These settings have no problem receiving email while connecting to my home wifi.

What this reflects to me is that you're running a firewall that's been tuned to your domestic Wi-Fi.

You need to disable your security systems (especially the firewall module) completely and then reboot to confirm whether it's a firewall issue.

Meaning if I have kaspersky/windows firewall and etc? I need to try disable it and reboot to try? Interesting that sound logical too.

Meaning if I have kaspersky/windows firewall and etc? I need to try disable it and reboot to try? Interesting that sound logical too.

It's just a temporary arrangement - to troubleshoot your issue by means of elimination.

By the term, firewall - I'd disable the Windows firewall, too (it's quite underestimated on the destructive part.) :)

Nope... Not possible. This is getting my nerves... Would changing my incoming to my mobile ISP pop works?

pop.isp.net vs pop.domain.com

{Navigate to} Outlook >>----> File >>----> Info >>----> Account Settings >>----> Account Settings >>----> {select account} Change Folder >>----> {Change to} >>----> Outlook Data File >>----> Inbox

Archived