Which WinXP to install on an Asus EeePC?

d3v

Hi all, I want to use a stripped-down XP on this Asus eepc but have no idea which one to use. I hear many of the incarnations of tiny XP ISO's are missing some sort of driver that Asus eepc's use to manage power or something along them lines?

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my advice to you is to use a non-striped version.... if you suspetec that's something missing, the best way to avoid troubles is to use a original ISO. ;)

Or you can integrate the needed drivers into your ISO with nlite or WinToolkit (If it supports XP). Alternatively install manually after Windows install or use somthing like Driver Genius (Online) or Driver Pack Solution (Offline).

Te recommended is to use an original Windows XP Professional, but there is a version special for Eee Pc called "Windows XP Pro Asus EEE Edition" you can use that but it is with SP2 and the original Windows XP is SP3 that has more support in programs like Office.

I used Win 7(updated with WinToolkit) on mine and it works great and the install is far easier.Other than that WinXP Pro updated and streamlined with nlite should work fine...I've used both.

I used Win 7(updated with WinToolkit) on mine and it works great and the install is far easier.Other than that WinXP Pro updated and streamlined with nlite should work fine...I've used both.

Like this guy says... just use Win7... you CAN find the Win7 Home Basic DVD ISO on the torrent sites... just only grab the 32bit version since that's the only one u will ever use on a machine that doesn't meet the requirements for Premium or higher editions

So yes just go with Win7, albeit u will probably want the Home Basic edition like I said so you can have the best performance on it if its got low specs on the machine :D

Edit: For the record, I would not even want to install XP on any machine now since the full support lifecycle ends in less than a year anyways... which means NO MORE patches, fixes or updates for XP after April 2014!

calguyhunk

This is the original Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit) ISO (Volume License) including Microsoft updates until March 2013, Internet Explorer 8, Adobe Flash Player 11.5 and SATA drivers.

- This release is the best you could find on the net, because it's just simple:

* NO tweaks or add-ons.

* NO additional programs and software added.

* NO graphics, scripts and wallpapers added or changed.

* NO serial needed during installation, the key is already inserted.

* It's the original image from Microsoft except added updates, IE8, Adobe Flash Player 11.5 and SATA drivers!

* Windows Messenger, MSN Explorer and Internet Explorer 6 were removed.

By far the best if you ask me. You'll need to install your motherboard and other network drivers from your Asus CD. Enjoy :dance:

http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=133.0

Hi all, I want to use a stripped-down XP on this Asus eepc but have no idea which one to use. I hear many of the incarnations of tiny XP ISO's are missing some sort of driver that Asus eepc's use to manage power or something along them lines?

What manju says makes sense - I'd opt for the untouched XP Professional CD 100 times out of 100 and personally XP is the only OS on which I'd install x86-bit instead of a x64-bit.

Archived