[Solved] TeamViewer 8 Issue/ Plz Help

Roger D

Can you try to take ownership over the following directory:-

"C:\Program Files\TeamViewer"

Just tried taking Ownership. It just flashed a command window for a while and then gone. but nothing fruitful.

I had tried and applied Patch for pro version of TeamViewer. but everything was working fine. Can this Patch be the reason for all the mess???

Goodness man!!!

Why don't you guys disclose the full material facts right at the very beginning??? <_<

Never mess with TeamViewer Pro - you'll have your happiness screwed; at some point or the other.

Now what to do??

:chair:

• Replies 84
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rahuldohare

try this method!!!!!!!

uninstall team viewer and delete all team viewer files and folder in safe mode (f8)

open run command

type "regedit"

and go to my computer

than after

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewre

and delete TeamViewre

restart computer

than after install this program again

Now what to do??

01.) Uninstall your current copy and then

02.) Check out the TeamViewer at the following link and do not install it at any custom directory - let it get installed at it's default directory:-

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/teamviewer_portable

The Program got installed in the same downloaded folder. I launched the application after installation but nothing happened. no popup, no window???

The Program got installed in the same downloaded folder. I launched the application after installation but nothing happened. no popup, no window???

I think that's good news - just navigate to all modules of your security system like AV, HIPS, SandBoxie, Firewall, etc., etc. to add that installation folder to their exclusion list, before rebooting.

The Program got installed in the same downloaded folder.

The bad news is that the default directory where the portable variant of TeamViewer should've been found installed should be:-

"C:\PortableApps"

The bad news is that the default directory where the portable variant of TeamViewer should've been found installed should be:-

Now should i select this directory("C:\PortableApps") as Installation directory and Install again?

try this method!!!!!!!

uninstall team viewer and delete all team viewer files and folder in safe mode (f8)

open run command

type "regedit"

and go to my computer

than after

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewre

and delete TeamViewre

restart computer

than after install this program again

tried but no luck, Same error Msg again & again....

:wut: :wut: :wut:

Now should i select this directory("C:\PortableApps") as Installation directory and Install again?

Same Issue in this directory also("C:\PortableApps")!!

What is your complete security system - can you list them, here.

Microsoft Security Essentials

& Sandboxie

@ 0veR

:hehe:

& Sandboxie

OK, have you dialled-in the exclusions for TeamViewer into both of those systems?

@ 0veR

:hehe:

& Sandboxie

OK, have you dialled-in the exclusions for TeamViewer into both of those systems?

Yup! but, only the portable installation folder.(I Use Sandboxie for manual run Purpose Only, so no need to add to the exclusion list of sandboxie)

He fu*ked up permisions on his pc. Who knows what he was installing before!

But except TeamViewer everything is Stable and working properly..

I would've loved to take a look at your system - unfortunately, the application that would've facilitated that; has itself got screwed up. :(

I tried all instructions provided by you members but nothing worked..

Anyway thanks 4 ur support..

and anyone having working suggestions are welcome..

:welcome:

I would've loved to take a look at your system - unfortunately, the application that would've facilitated that; has itself got screwed up. :(

:pos: :pos: :pos: :pos:

:pos: :pos: :pos: :pos:

Any other alternative to TeamViewer? so that u can connect to my lappy.

there is an inbuilt program "Remote Desktop Connection" will this serve the purpose?

Is this an Administrator account?

Can you try logging into any other Administrative profile to install a fresh copy and then running TeamViewer (this profile could be even temporarily set up and deleted, later.)

Try this:

1. Completely uninstall TeamViewer using Revo Uninstaller .

2. Run the Registry cleaner (probably ccleaner) and manually remove any files from the root directory and %appdata% folder (if any are left over) also delete Registry keys from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer.

3. Restart your system and Install TeamViewer version 8 (latest revision) to the default directory - do not change the installation folders.

See if the error appears with version 8. If the error appears, Try to Install in other custom location other than c:\ Drive !!!

See if the error appears with version 8. If the error appears, Try to Install in other custom location other than c:\ Drive !!!

He's using Windows 7 (x86) skinned to look like Windows 8. :)

Is this an Administrator account?

Can you try logging into any other Administrative profile to install a fresh copy and then running TeamViewer (this profile could be even temporarily set up and deleted, later.)

Yes! and this is the only account(Guest account disabled)

Just create a temporary Admin profile to test TeamViewer - you can delete it later (takes 5 minutes to delete.) ;)

Try this:

1. Completely uninstall TeamViewer using Revo Uninstaller .

2. Run the Registry cleaner (probably ccleaner) and manually remove any files from the root directory and %appdata% folder (if any are left over) also delete Registry keys from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer.

3. Restart your system and Install TeamViewer version 8 (latest revision) to the default directory - do not change the installation folders.

I uninstalled using Your Uninstaller! PRO and also used CCleaner to clean any left over files and registry entries and then installed in other drive.

Still same problem.. :(

Archived