[Solved] TeamViewer 8 Issue/ Plz Help

Roger D

One week before this software was working properly. But today when i clicked on Desktop shortcut Of TeamViewer, Error Msg appears

"Windows Cannot find 'C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version8\TeamVierer.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again".

12719773.jpg

I tried to launch the program from 'Program Files' still the same error msg

I also tried Portable version fron Usb still same Issue

I tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling.

Registry Cleaning

tried earlier versions Teamviewer 6, Teamviewer 7

but No luck still the same Problem..

Anyone Plz help to resolve the issue..

Thanks in Advance.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

• Replies 84
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows Cannot find 'C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version8\TeamVierer.exe'.

May I know the correct spelling of TeamViewer.exe? :s

Windows Cannot find 'C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version8\TeamVierer.exe'.

May I know the correct spelling of TeamViewer.exe? :s

Sry, It will be TeamViewer.exe

LOL, that's happened quite often with me (with my home-made portable) leading to the issue described by you. :D

Please let us know whether the problem is resolved or not.

(Right-click the Desktop shortcut) >>----> Shortcut (tab) >>----> Target >>----> (Copy the following path into the Target field before clicking) Apply:-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version8\TeamViewer.exe"

(Next, right-click the Desktop shortcut) >>----> Shortcut (tab) >>----> Start in: >>----> (Copy the following path into the Start in: field before clicking) Apply:-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version8" 

(Next, right-click the Desktop shortcut) >>----> Shortcut (tab) >>----> Start in: >>----> (Copy the following path into the Start in: field before clicking) Apply:-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version8" 

That's there already..

12719893.jpg

Nope, both the paths are different - the ones on your screenshot are wrong paths.

Kindly copy the paths that I've posted.

Nope, both the paths are different - the ones on your screenshot are wrong paths.

There is no folder of this name

C:\Program Files (x86)

That's because you're using the 32-bit iteration - a fact that you appended to your first post . . . . . . . just now:-

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Here is the Screenshot

12719914.jpg

Navigate to the "C:\Program Files" directory and then use UnLocker on the "TeamViewer" folder.

I Used Unlocker,but nothing happened

12719979.jpg

Looks like you did somthing with user permisions. There is team viewer folder and exe file but you can't access.

I'd completely uninstall the existing installation and then perform a manual cleanup of the registry for debris before committing a full & clean re-install. 8)

I'd completely uninstall the existing installation and then perform a manual cleanup of the registry for debris before committing a full & clean re-install. 8)

I have done this Manual registry cleanup three times and also tried Clean Installation with teamViewer 8 latest build but of no use :pos: :duh:

Looks like you did somthing with user permisions. There is team viewer folder and exe file but you can't access.

I don't remember. but all Teamviewer folders and files are on the right place, still showing the error msg

Can you try to take ownership over the following directory:-

"C:\Program Files\TeamViewer"

Just tried taking Ownership. It just flashed a command window for a while and then gone. but nothing fruitful.

Just tried taking Ownership. It just flashed a command window for a while and then gone. but nothing fruitful.

I had tried and applied Patch for pro version of TeamViewer. but everything was working fine. Can this Patch be the reason for all the mess???

Now, what happens when you run the TeamViewer shortcut at your Desktop?

Same error Msg!!

I had tried and applied Patch for pro version of TeamViewer. but everything was working fine. Can this Patch be the reason for all the mess???

Goodness man!!!

Why don't you guys disclose the full material facts right at the very beginning??? <_<

Never mess with TeamViewer Pro - you'll have your happiness screwed; at some point or the other.

Goodness man!!!

Why don't you guys disclose the full material facts right at the very beginning??? <_<

Never mess with TeamViewer Pro - you'll have your happiness screwed; at some point or the other.

Now what to do??

Archived