Weird VLC Media Player Problem

insanedown58

insanedown58

I saw this problem way back in Windows 7 (fresh install) with subtitles that came from the disc and not from another source. It seems to be too big and shoved all the way to the right. Here's a picture of the problem courtesy of the movie "Lincoln" where the word should be "(Yells)"

2m29gz4.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From this side of the Continent the picture looks drastically stretched (panoramic) to me - in so much as, I suspect it's being cut-off (as possibly the sub-titles, too.)

Sorry, I've stopped using VLC a couple of years ago - just my 2 cents (cannot rule out that my eyes could be playing up with me, too.)

From this side of the Continent the picture looks drastically stretched (panoramic) to me - in so much as, I suspect it's being cut-off (as possibly the sub-titles, too.)

>>>>>> Sorry, I've stopped using VLC a couple of years ago - just my 2 cents (cannot rule out that my eyes could be playing up with me, too.) <<<<<<<<

For curiosities sake, what video player are you using Mr The Perfectionist?

Thanks

Thanks

Do not want to divert attention from the OP's issue - I'm on Media Player Classic Home Cinema employing a nice little external standalone program for sub-titles that works well with MPC-HC known as xy-VSFilter. ;)

• Administrator

Have you checked the preference? If the preferences are fine, try using "Force subtitle position".

Thanks

Do not want to divert attention from the OP's issue - I'm on Media Player Classic Home Cinema employing a nice little external standalone program for sub-titles that works well with MPC-HC known as xy-VSFilter. ;)

Thanks for the info Mr The Perfectionist. Didn't intend to hijack OP thread but your post got the best of my curiosity! Probably down to about 5 lives now as the cat might say :P

Archived