= key is automatically pressed while booting w8 and once booted, = key is disabled

alienvi

My windows 8 laptop, while booting....

displays ==================== key pressed in "Search Apps bar" and the key is disabled after that.

Sometimes, I'm hearing some kind of siren sound before booting........

Need you help.......

Thank you in advance

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downgrade it back to Windows 7 (if you custom upgraded it)... if not and done by factory/OEM... It CAN be a pain in the ass to downgrade it if factory/OEM installed Windows 8... PM me for help on this if you require it

I have done a Windows 8 laptop downgrade to Windows 7 on my ASUS N56VZ-RH71 (Google this machine... you will see that it comes with Win8 by default from OEM!)

Windows 8 is the thousand-and-more-surprise-machinery. But the people's must have a work and then will come the pleasure also. Do You already have?

Maybe you have a little insect colony living inside your keyboard. They set off the all hide alarm when they see you comming & maybe they all run and hide under the = sign. Shorting it out. Sounds like you have a bad key.

My windows 8 laptop, while booting....

displays ==================== key pressed in "Search Apps bar" and the key is disabled after that.

Sometimes, I'm hearing some kind of siren sound before booting........

You have an hardware issue that would spare no other OS - one or more of your keys is/are staying pressed. The permanent resolution would be to fix your keyboard.

In the meanwhile - you can use either of the following 2 workarounds that pleases you:-

01.) You may use Yamicsoft Windows Manager 8 as illustrated below:-

2d1kcj8.jpg

or

02.) Boot into your BIOS to configure the behavior of your keys at motherboard level.

"You have an hardware issue that would spare no other OS - one or more of your keys is/are staying pressed. The permanent resolution would be to fix your keyboard."

OR

02.) Boot into your BIOS to configure the behavior of your keys at motherboard level.

@

dcs18

I removed that = key, to check for any dust, and checked the rubber push, nothing is there.... it is clean......

How to do "fix keyboard" in any way?

&

I boot into my BIOS, but there is no option to set for KB

(My laptop is HP Pavilion dv2000 Entertainment PC)

Thank you

@

dcs18

I removed that = key, to check for any dust, and checked the rubber push, nothing is there.... it is clean......

If you're proficient at it, dismantle the keyboard connector(s) physically and then boot the system - you'll know for sure; if there's more to it.

BTW, this is not necessarily about just (one key =) :)

Archived