Microsoft to Retire Windows 7 Without Service Pack 1 in Just Three Days

BETA..

Windows 7 remains the number one operating system in the world, with quite a lot of people still running the RTM version and delaying the deployment of the company's first service pack for this particular version.

6JBKECh.jpg

In case you're yet to install Service Pack 1, you should really hurry up a little bit, as Windows 7 RTM will go dark in only three days.

Microsoft will no longer provide patches and fixes for this particular version of Windows 7 as of April 9, 2013, so all users are recommended to proceed with the installation of SP1.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 mainstream support will continue to be offered until January 13, 2015, while the extended support will be provided until January 14, 2020.

:view: Source: Softpedia

• Replies 23
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the source of this news, BETA...?

Let him be stable first :rofl:

ROMANTICGUY50

They can keep Windows 8. I tried it on a laptop.Did not care for it.

Bring Sp2. Why this step-motherly treatment to 7?

They (meaning Microsoft's Service Pack Team) have already confirmed there WILL NOT be a SP2 for Windows 7... Google this if you forgot about that ;)

Windows only stops support for the "Original RTM" - Non-SP1 version of win7. It is not like completely retiring Win7.. As long as we go for SP1 We should be OK for few more years..

Even otherwise, any security-conscious user should have applied SP1 the day it was released...

For those of you who know, this isn't a good deal at all...this means that the NWO plans are excelerating. Yes, Microsoft is all part of it too.

LOL well there isn't a SP2 coming out for Windows 7... so don't be holdin' your breath :D

MS Service Pack Team confirmed this awhile back... just look around on the web for the confirmations!

For those of you who know, this isn't a good deal at all...this means that the NWO plans are excelerating. Yes, Microsoft is all part of it too.

What's the meaning of excelerating? :unsure:

AlienForce1

- maybe he wanted to say ... accelerating ?!? :unsure:

You would point out a typo as a way of gaslighting wouldn't you? For some weird reason...even though I have "Check spelling as I type" it isn't working. Thanks for your ever so important "criticism". You are not the first deceiver that I have dealt with and you won't be the last. You are the type that will disregard info because a word was misspelled; you find reasons to hate something and to make fun of it.

@ Ambrocious

Yeah, you're right - I did try to piss you off. However, right now - I'm not in a mood to argue with you (unless you start insulting me.)

In the meantime, if you wish to - you may try right-clicking within the box where you type your posts to ensure Check Spelling is enabled (ticked.):-

2ptnp5h.jpg

There was something that shought had once mentioned about this issue - can't seem to recollect what exactly that was. :unsure:

Bring Sp2. Why this step-motherly treatment to 7?

They (meaning Microsoft's Service Pack Team) have already confirmed there WILL NOT be a SP2 for Windows 7... Google this if you forgot about that ;)

You are referring to the 12th October articles. well they are all rumors as still MSFT hasn't officially confirmed that there will be no Sp2

Microsoft to Retire Windows 7 Without Service Pack 1 in Just Three Days

Here's another Illiterate - Bogdan Popa is clearly unaware of the meaning of the the word . . . . . . . . . . . . 'retire.' :huh:

featurexpeol_3_zps9efe229c.jpg

Yeah, and today is still one of the very special day - there is one more year left before the Windows XP is officially announced to death. Began the latest year to be alive and loved.

Its about time they sent to retirement Win7 and the death of Windows XP.

No....it's NOT about time that Windows 7 dies. It functions better than Windows 8.

Archived