Windows 8 Bandwagon... Are You On or Off?!

LiLmEgZ

Talk here if you are on or off the Windows 8 bandwagon...

As for me... I am officially off that shit... fuck the gaming issues with Windows 8 and all the bullshit issues it has... regardless of Windows Blue coming out!

I AM OFF... ARE YOU?!

P.S. I ditched Windows 8 on my Windows 8-based laptop about 2 weeks ago already... Windows 7 much better on it!

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Moved to Software Chat.

Every day I dream of going back to Windows 7, but it's not going to happen. :nono:

I was used windows XP for more 11 years and it was best from vista but one year with windows 7 was better than windows XP
after that windows 8 was the best for me it more good

Windows 8 has some gaming issues... not experiencing these on Windows 7 on the same hardware.... wish I could say the same for Windows 8 but I just cannot at this point in time :(

• Administrator

Windows 8 has some gaming issues... not experiencing these on Windows 7 on the same hardware.... wish I could say the same for Windows 8 but I just cannot at this point in time :(

Perhaps things would have been different if Microsoft had invested more time and money on the desktop.

Who knows man... all my gaming issues on my laptop are so far resolved after downgrading to Windows 7... LUCKILY ASUS has drivers for the N56VZ w/ Windows 7, otherwise I would not have been able to do the downgrade!

Although I have found that ASUS has a FEW out of date drivers for the N56VZ Laptops on Windows 7.... not that that's anything out of the ordinary for sure... they just don't keep everything up to date as they should... at least its not a pain in the pure ass to find the newer driver kits :)

• Administrator

Who knows man... all my gaming issues on my laptop are so far resolved after downgrading to Windows 7...

That's kinda good news for me. Means, if I ever get tired of gaming problems in Windows 8, I'll always have Windows 7. :)

However, DX11.1 is something that I'm dreaming of. One day, I'll buy a card that supports it and play a game in it, on Windows 8. :P Very unlikely though.

I met the 2 best OS of my life ( Windows 7 and Windows 8 ) - it was like falling in love all over again.

No other OS came as well configured as Windows 7 - out-of-the-box, it was far from perfect ( but, still better than any other OS at default settings prior to Customization. ) This was love at first sight.

Windows 8 was released, next - I met the most disappointing & ugly mother of an OS, out-of-the-box ( but, after Customization - far superior to even my fav. Windows 7. ) This was love at hindsight.

I destroyed all my Windows 7 DVDs after migrating over to Windows 8 - however, shall be executing Windows Blue very soon ( expect all Windows 8 DVDs to be destructed, too. ) I'm only in love - not married, dammit.

ATM, Windows 7 is the best OS for those who do not have the time and/or inclination and/or the competency to configure & customize Windows 8.

For those who possess all those 3 highlighted traits mentioned in the previous line - ATM, there's no better OS than Windows 8.

As for the Windows 8 bandwagon - yes, I'm certainly on ( but that's just transitory - shall be alighting at the very next station. )

Generally, I do not speculate - but, I already foresee many who shall be running Windows 8 and criticizing folks like me who would be traveling on the Windows 9 train ( life is never fast - it's the Users who are late in taking & implementing decisions. )

Edit:

It all boils down to those 3 attributes. ( Ek machchar bhi aadmi ko hijra bana deta hai. )

Some Users shall not only miss the next station, they would also miss the bandwagon and fall flat where tracks-meet-butt - bandwagons can get derailed, too ( trains do. )

Moral:

With Windows 7, one can decide how to use her - with Windows 8, that's just not possible. Windows 8 decides whether the User suits her or not - she rejects those who are found lacking the 3 attributes.

Those without passion are the ones that get their butts kicked off the Windows 8 bandwagon.

Happy Journey!!!

I use 7 & 8. Main pc is 7. laptop 8.

I forget it's win8 most of the time. No email login, no metro stuff. Straight to desktop and use as normal. It's only when I run Task Manager I remember it is 8.

This was purely for experimentation, and it was free. (Thank you psyko :wub: )

Not gone back to 7 yet as I haven't found any major problems. However I don't use it very often.

This topic is for OS usage and not for the marketing and all kinds of competitive strategy they put it in wind0ws 8.

Here's my opinion: I'm in! From having a new kernel and memory management wind0ws 8 beats wind0ws 7 theoretically.

With the coming of a compact new kernel in wind0ws blue I'm sure that battery usage and performance will beat wind0ws 7 statistically.

I think wind0ws blue was made into conception to beat wind0ws 7 in all the categories it failed to make a statement before.

Wind0ws 8 does have problem with games especially on legacy games (offline and mmorpg games), but it's just supposed to be a driver problem.

What took them so long to fix that? I don't have an idea why it's not being prioritize.

I receive a report that some games now do work with wind0ws 8 x64 bit only.

I'm just hoping micros0ft won't be so stupid pissing a lot of manufacturers by their greedy competitive strategy as have them all shifting to linux!

That means NO GOOD for me if that happens.

If I'm going to sell a hardware I will recommend wind0ws 7 in it to save myself from all the trouble my customers will complain about,

And it's a job security thing, while others would want to show off and later failed, some like me gets promoted because we are

able to bring a lot of dough to the company.

But my opinion on tablet and smartphone is different, we are just talking about 7 and 8 here.

I do not undersand the windows 8 bandwagon ?

Jump on the bandwagon Meaning,

Join a growing movement in support of someone or something, when that movement is seen to have become successful.

When someone adopts a popular point of view for the primary purpose of recognition and/or acceptance by others.

To follow the group as it has the majority or a vast number of followers. ???

Windows 8 Pro.. All the way.... Cheers to all :D

Was using Win 8 when it was first available a wile back but (in my case) it was "Buggy" even though all that, I stuck with it and started to get the feel for it . Back to Win 7 for now. I m going to wait for the first service pack to come out ! or in this case win blue or whatever!

I'm in the same boat. All the same reasons..will wait for a decent blue.

Archived