[help] Lease obtained, lease expires

ASIO

2lnz28k.png

guys I have a question --- what will happen when the lease expires? obtain means when the computer was turned on... every time I reboot, the obtain time will change...

So, is it normal? what will happen when the lease expires?

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's normal and renews itself.

Mine is March 17.

If you have a problem renew via your router settings.

It's normal and renews itself.

Mine is March 17.

If you have a problem renew via your router settings.

thanks a lot :)

It means that your networkcard received an ip-adres from a DCHP server (could be your router or modem) and this ip-adres is 24 hours valid.

After 24 hours, the DCHP server looks if the ip-adres is still in use.

If the ip-adres is in use, nothing will happen, your network card will have another 24 hours the ownership of this ip-adres.

When the ip-adres isn't in use, the DCHP server will mark the ip-adres as free and can use the ip-adres with another network device.

• Administrator

Moved to Software Chat.

It means that your networkcard received an ip-adres from a DCHP server (could be your router or modem) and this ip-adres is 24 hours valid.

If the ip-adres is in use, nothing will happen, your network card will have another 24 hours the ownership of this ip-adres.

When the ip-adres isn't in use, the DCHP server will mark the ip-adres as free and can use the ip-adres with another network device.

hmm .. that means no need to worry :)

I couldn't have said this any better myself!

Archived