Evil Windows 7 New Update KB2670838 crashes both IE 32 bit and Firefox

Picollo

Start Firefox in Safe Mode (hold the shift key when starting Firefox) or in run type firefox -safe-mode then turn off hardware acceleration:

1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select OptionsAt the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu and then select OptionsOn the menu bar, click on the Firefoxmenu and select Preferences...At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Edit menu and selectPreferences
  2. Select the Advanced panel and the General tab.
  3. Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
  4. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select ExitAt the top of the Firefox window, click on the File menu and then select ExitOn the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Quit FirefoxAt the top of the Firefox window, click on the File menu and select Quit
  5. Start Firefox the way you normally do.

Firefox does not crash on startup now.

In IE 9 32 bit go to Tools / Internet Options/ Advanced and check use software acceleration instead of GPU acceleration and it's good to go. Dont ask me why MS messed things up, but since i installed that friggin update this started to happen. No need to uninstall the update now.

• Replies 27
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have that update and have checked Use hardware acceleration when available but I don't experience any crashes in IE and Firefox :lol:

Try to update graphic card drivers.

no crashes here too.all is well

I noticed some weird things after the last update which appeared to update some "graphics" drivers or similar things. I noticed that a few things such as odd pixelation happens, my Linux Mint OS is now suddenly really buggy and pixelated. Maybe I'm paranoid....but it looks like there is some very bad plan on the horizon.

I see a lot of people talking about this on a lot of different forums. I wonder why that KB was never even offered to me in Windows Update?

I noticed some weird things after the last update which appeared to update some "graphics" drivers or similar things. I noticed that a few things such as odd pixelation happens, my Linux Mint OS is now suddenly really buggy and pixelated. Maybe I'm paranoid....but it looks like there is some very bad plan on the horizon.

Linux Mint or any other distro doesn't have any relations to windows updates :P, its probably something else.

I see a lot of people talking about this on a lot of different forums. I wonder why that KB was never even offered to me in Windows Update?

Prerequisites

To apply this update, you must be running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Also here is more info and download if you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838

Linux Mint or any other distro doesn't have any relations to windows updates :P, its probably something else.

>I see a lot of people talking about this on a lot of different forums. I wonder why that KB was never even offered to me in Windows Update?

Prerequisites

To apply this update, you must be running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Also here is more info and download if you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838

No thanks, lol. But it still wasn't and still isn't offered to me regardless of the fact that I'm running Win7 SP1. I'm just wondering why some people got it and some didn't. Also, I installed IE10 today from Windows Update with no issues, and that KB is supposedly included (built into) IE10. I'm not saying the problem isn't happening because it clearly is for some people. I just don't know why some got the update and some didn't.

I believe that target "trojan like" updates will begin to be issued to "undesired targets". It could install a more advanced surveillance system to closely monitor people who are on the shit list (I'm not sure what the list is called, but I assume it is a list of people who are "conspiracy theory" based because we simply won't believe known liars, that's why we are called conspiracy theorists).

I'm not saying this is whats happening but it seems to me that it would be the right way to get to your enemy; attack from the direction which you think least about. I was suspicious about the update too...something about it is off and it needs to be researched closely, I can't do it but it needs to be done. I understand what the "official" update means but I had a bad feeling about it the other day when I updated...I went against my better judgement and installed it.

And about the Linux Mint and why I felt it was important; I was wondering whether or not it's possible via a Windows Update to install firmware into any computer with recent hardware that can support "more" like Windows 8 has a firmware like protective shield. Is it possible to install something like that which might affect or distort the graphics of the computer, cross platform even. I think the technology exists but I thus far haven't seen any evidence of it.

i did a fully win update today include this lame ass ie10 for testing only (haha) , and i see not issue like poster describe... anyway disabling hardware acceleration isnot an option for me , since u loose render speed , its better disable this badd ass update rather then HA :D

Alls fine here

you're stealing my avatar... :(

anyway,no problem here since I don't use them both :lol:

Picollo;

I have a Win7 x64 Ult box and you hit my problem right on the head.

Your solution has fixed my Firefox. Thank you very much.

I can't get into my IE, though. It crashes immediately on startup even with add-ons disabled, will not allow me to go into the menu to follow your instructions. Can this setting be disabled outside of the browser (maybe in the registry somewhere)?

Thanks for your help.

rexrally try do that through ie 9 x64 if you have both (ie9 x86 and ie9 x64) installed. oddly enough ie9 x64 wasnt affected nor was google chrome.

or

look here:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/run-internet-explorer-9-without-addons-in-safe-mode/

or

http://www.itechlounge.net/2012/08/windows-how-to-start-internet-explorer-9-in-safe-mode/

hope it helps. stupid asses @ micro$ now are hijacking browsers. can it be that me and some other people are on their "shit list"? it didnt happened to everybody, this is really odd.

Flag as optional. So, is it safe to update?

Flag as optional. So, is it safe to update?

i dont know it **cked my browsers literally. you can try and install or if it messes with ff or ie you use my solution or uninstall the update.

Picollo;

My IE64 works like normal. I followed your instructions and found Software Rendering already checked ON. I went back to IE32 and it crashed on startup. I tried running IE32 in Safemode but it still crashes on startup.

Edit:

Okay, so IE10 is out. I downloaded it, installed it and it works fine, so I solved my problem by upgrading (which is pretty standard for Microsoft - "Oh, that fix will be out in our next version")

Thanks very much for your help, Picollo

ok mate try this:

1) first go to task manager and see if there's any ie process running if so kill them all.

2) now to do this you need to use your internet explorer 9 64 bit edition.open it (make sure it's the 64 edition). IE 9 32 browser must be closed.

3) go to Tools menu

4) select Internet Options

5) then select the tab Advanced

6) when in advanced options search this option: Accelerated Graphics (look at pic)

http://www.wiredsystems.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ie9-accelerated-graphics.jpg

7) tick the option use software rendering instead of GPU rendering

8 ) click Apply and close IE 9 64 browser. Restart IE 9 32 bit browser and it should work flawlessly

NOTE: If option use software rendering instead of GPU rendering is already ticked when you get there. untick it, then select apply and then tick it again and apply once more. Close IE 9 64 browser and restart IE 32 bit. Also a pc restart before entering IE9 32 wouldnt hurt.

hiope this helps. it worked for me

Sorry Syahrial fixing....

no problem,..no need to sorry :) it was joking,mate...

I've seen many times here some members use same avatar

cheers

Maybe I'm paranoid....

. . . . . . . . that's why we are called conspiracy theorists).

Well, well, well - we seem to be in a confessional mood. :drunk:

A conspiracy theorist is any person who is willing to question a known liar rather than continue to be believe each new lie the same person tells. That is why I'm not ashamed to be called that, I'm out to find the truth; amateur private investigator who is willing to find the truth, acknowledge reality for what it is, and NEVER make excuses in place of a true event or a true discovery of some important information which usually pertains to helping others to brace for impact. A good conspiracy theorist has empathy and the desire to see NO ONE suffer and die, thus the reason we release weird info; it's strange to those who can't prove it to be real. Sadly the people are not use to hearing stuff in that manner, your culture has taught you to make fun of "nutters" or "conspiracy theorist" as a way of controlling information and knowledge. They realize it's far easier to mentally enslave a person into believing something by programming people in "normalcy bias standards".

A normalcy bias standard is what most people think "normal" means during crisis. A very carefully crafted people have been developed out of simple entertainment from TV, video games, trends, and many other ways. When engaged in watching the TV, it is reported that your brain waves actually sink into an Alpha state where you become increasingly suggestive to information. The Alpha state is a near dream like state also associated with a hypnotic and meditative state of mind. While being in an Alpha state of mind, your normal "argument" shields are down because you are being "entertained" and so what have you got to fear? If I presented this information to you in the form of some sort of well done entertainment, it would work a lot better when it comes to you being able to believe it.

The measure of control over the people is a simple yet advanced method of causing people to be dumbed down; hating the true desire and curiosity of the learning and seeking of knowledge like this stuff because you fear what people will think about you. People will make fun of me because I look for the danger signs which might lead to me being able to prepare for something coming. I suppose before any person can want to prepare, they should know for a fact that something is coming that you will need to be prepared for. Many do not believe anything will happen. So when I post some weird post on here, consider the information please. I'm not trying to deceive and I am not deceived myself.

installed here on x64 WIn 7 with Nvidia GFX.. i also have the gadgets service disabled and many others though.

i seen some people speculating it might be related to AMD gfx and Integrated gfx..

i seen some guy post this too,

---Info on the hotfix--
--------------------------
This update improves the features and performance of the following components:

• Direct2D
  • DirectWrite
  • Direct3D
  • Windows Imaging Component (WIC)
  • Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform (WARP)
  • Windows Animation Manager (WAM)
  • XPS Document API
  • H.264 Video Decoder
  • JPEG XR codec

good luck fixing your issue.. MS updates can be a nightmare when things go bad lol

@ Ambrocious

I know what a Conspiracy means and also what a Theorist means (and it ain't those 2 what you typed.) :lmao:

@ Ambrocious

I know what a Conspiracy means and also what a Theorist means (and it ain't those 2 what you typed.) :lmao:

Did you even read all the stuff I typed in up there. I suppose I am more of a person who is a fact finder really, since you don't accept my prior description. Perhaps I'm simply an amateur private investigator. In the end however, when you got people yelling at other people who are calling me and others a conspiracy theorist because I don't have an undying love and trust and adoration for the government and their "official" stories, what I and others are being called is a "conspiracy theorist".

Every time I am called a conspiracy theorist when I am attempting to relay information, the people who don't believe it (the ones who say I'm a conspiracy theorist) usually don't believe it because they have been trained to respond in a self correcting manner: taught to believe that my form of talking is crazy. Basically is what I do is I actually decided to think and look and see, others simply name call like children. It pisses me off when I know the information is true and I STILL get called conspiracy theorist.

The only part of me that is a true conspiracy theory is that I can't prove some information right now, therefore, still a theory. I try and research everything I post, as often as I can. I get lazy sometimes and don't do my very best when I post but overall, I really try.

What makes me a conspiracy theorist? The fact that I visit infowars.com? That I believe they are setting up a dictatorial world government? You tell me and explain why you don't believe the things I say, maybe I can understand better that way because I have always been a person who doesn't shy away from knowledge, sadly most people I meet seem to take stupid pills and they perceive knowledge as "boring" not "power". Why don't you believe any of this stuff? I'm truly curious about your answer.

Archived