[Solved] How to backup and restore Visio 2010 and 2013 License

someone there

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Advanced Tokens Manager Only backup the office suite License not the visio

Visio is just a small little component of the Office Suite - it should get backed up (you may try it Advanced Token Manager is just a portable - won't harm your system.) ;)

AFAIK, 2013 visio, project will be part of the office 2013 installation. On windows 8 the office 2013 activation files are the same

( C:\Windows\system32\spp\store\data.dat and

C:\Windows\system32\spp\store\tokens.dat )

ATM will restore these along with office 2013. Was not too sure about 2010 visio being backed up with office 2013, why not install visio 2013 ?

someone there

Visio is just a small little component of the Office Suite - it should get backed up (you may try it Advanced Token Manager is just a portable - won't harm your system.) ;)

Thank you for your reply

I already have ATM and used it to backup my office and windows licenses .

If the backup include the Visio that would be great but I am afraid not because it only shows MS Office 2013 Pr Key not Visio Key .

If the backup include the Visio that would be great but I am afraid not because it only shows MS Office 2013 Pr Key not Visio Key .

How did you ascertain that? :)

someone there

AFAIK, 2013 visio, project will be part of the office 2013 installation. On windows 8 the office 2013 activation files are the same

( C:\Windows\system32\spp\store\data.dat and

C:\Windows\system32\spp\store\tokens.dat )

ATM will restore these along with office 2013. Was not too sure about 2010 visio being backed up with office 2013, why not install visio 2013 ?

Thank you You for this information so I already backed office and windows licenses using ATM ...

Cheers

Thank you for your reply

just to make sure, look at "config.ini" in "Activation Backup" folder. check if it contains all of your key or not.. :)

someone there

When I open ATM It shows the MS office pro plus 2013 key, the visio has a different key, and that confused me.

Any way if the License of visio and office are stored in the same folder so that means I can backup and restore both office and visio .

using ATM ...

someone there

Thank you for your reply

just to make sure, look at "config.ini" in "Activation Backup" folder. check if it contains all of your key or not.. :)

The config.ini contains only two keys, the windows key and the office 2013 pro plus key

Edit : But the title is :

Product Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and Microsoft Visio Professional 2013

Build: 6.2.9200 and 15.0.4420.1017

Architecture: x86 and x86

Detected Tokens CRC:********

Detected Data CRC: 1*******

~ Product Keys ~

*****-***KV

*****-***RQ

Is that mean the visio is backed up ?

When I open ATM It shows the MS office pro plus 2013 key, the visio has a different key, and that confused me.

Any way if the License of visio and office are stored in the same folder so that means I can backup and restore both office and visio .

using ATM ...

Yeah, sweet!!!

Here's what Josh (the Developer) has got to say on this matter:-

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/27341-Advanced-Tokens-Manager-The-Activation-Backup-Solution?s=6e26390536bf5a3e6416bb40886c175e&p=671019&viewfull=1#post671019

Thank you for your reply

The config.ini contains only two keys, the windows key and the office 2013 pro plus key

For the Windows 8 and Office 2010 or Windows 7 with the Office 2013 or

2010, the backup is made separately called of 'Windows Activation

Backup' and 'Office Activation Backup' respectively.

read the instruction. maybe you have two config.ini in 2 different folder. not sure though :think:

Hello friends,

I confirm that ATM is for office, visio and project.

I have tested.

someone there

Hello friends,

I confirm that ATM is for office, visio and project.

I have tested.

Thank you

you saved my time

I was planning to clear my visio key and try to restore the license using ATM

Thanks to all who shared their knowledge here I really appreciate it .

hi some there. sorry, I didn't read carefully the comments. yes, you can backup and restore license of Visio using ATM if you already succeded activating Windows using key too. I just a bit confuse when you said config.ini only containing two keys, Win8 n OfficeProPlus. it should be three keys there, including Visio. well, good luck :)

Archived